Memory speed?

Polini

So im getting a new pc together, already got some parts ordered like the rtx 3080.

But for the memory i'm doubting what the effects are of the memory speed. I saw a vid from Jayz2cents a few months ago about it that it did have some effect, but less if you're running higher resolutions and i am running 4k monitors.

For cpu i got i9-10850k and memory i saw some corsair at 3200mhz that seems to be good value.

Should i spend a bit more and go 3600mhz?

Also im planning to get 4x16gb sticks, but i do notice buying the same memory 2x16 (and buying it twice) can save like 30 bucks over the 4x16 kit. Will this make a difference?

*is it worth keeping the timings in mind, or does this have very little effect?

1 hour ago, Polini said:

Will this make a difference?

Assuming the 4x8 and the 2x16 kits are identical in specs, they'll perform the same, and the bandwidth will be the same since consumer platform cpu's only have 2 memory channels. 

And with 2x16, you'll have room for upgradability if needed. 

As for the specs, a 3200 cl16/14 or a 3600 cl16 kit should do the job for the most part. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Agreed with above. Just got stuck with 

3 minutes ago, Polini said:

already got some parts ordered like the rtx 3080.

I got the asus rog z490 E-gaming and i9-10850 and gpu the rtx 3080

The memory is the last part i need to decide on.

Storage will be carry over, cooling/psu/case i know what to get, just need to go to the store and get it.

Btw the 2x16 option would not be for expanding to buy 2x 2x16 kits most likely.

I do notice there is a 2x32 kit for a similar price, but is 4x16 (3200mhz) gonna be the same as a 2x32 (3200mhz)?

19 minutes ago, Polini said:

but is 4x16 (3200mhz) gonna be the same as a 2x32 (3200mhz)?

Assuming they have the same timings, yes they'll perform about the same, though not sure why you need 64 gigs unless the workload does require that. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

though not sure why you need 64 gigs unless the workload does require that. 

^^As someone who has 64GB, I can tell you 32 is enough, I rarely hit 32 and that only happened once with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Chrome open, and that was 35GB.