Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chikkn

dell optiplex 380 discrete and dedicated gpu enabled at the same time?

Posted · Original PosterOP

is there any way i can use both the dedicated gtx 750ti and the onboard graphics at the same time? i know it disables the onboard by default but is there any way to re enable it without removing the 750ti

1 minute ago, chikkn said:

is there any way i can use both the dedicated gtx 750ti and the onboard graphics at the same time? i know it disables the onboard by default but is there any way to re enable it without removing the 750ti

go to bios and enable it. keep in mind that you cannot use them at the same time. if you have your monitor plugged in the 750ti is will use the 750ti. if you have your monitor plugged in the motherboard it will use the intergrated gpu.

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

go to bios and enable it. keep in mind that you cannot use them at the same time. if you have your monitor plugged in the 750ti is will use the 750ti. if you have your monitor plugged in the motherboard it will use the intergrated gpu.

i was thinking more along the lines of using the integrated gpu for pci passthrough with virtualbox. is there any way to do that?

Just now, chikkn said:

i was thinking more along the lines of using the integrated gpu for pci passthrough with virtualbox. is there any way to do that?

it hsould work then. juts googled it.

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

it hsould work then. juts googled it.

but when i do lspci it only shows the gtx 750ti and not the intel gma 4500 

5 minutes ago, chikkn said:

Im not sure it supports pcie passthough on there. And virtual box only supports pcie passthough on linux, and id really suggest using vkm for passthough if your going to do that.

2 minutes ago, chikkn said:

but when i do lspci it only shows the gtx 750ti and not the intel gma 4500 

go to device manager and on the top click _"show hidden devices". the click the display adpatewrs thing. there are all your display adapters. you have to enbale the intergrated gpu in ther bios

Read this: 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Im not sure it supports pcie passthough on there. And virtual box only supports pcie passthough on linux, and id really suggest using vkm for passthough if your going to do that.

im using lubuntu 18 as host os, is there any reason it shouldnt work?

go to device manager and on the top click _"show hidden devices". the click the display adpatewrs thing. there are all your display adapters. you have to enbale the intergrated gpu in ther bios

in the bios, the only 2 video options disable the onboard graphics when a dedicated gpu is inserted. Im trying to find out if there is a way to have both enabled. also im using lubuntu not windows 

2 minutes ago, chikkn said:

im using lubuntu 18 as host os, is there any reason it shouldnt work?

id still use kvm then.

But is vt-d enabled on the hardware, I don't think many systems from that era had vt-d enabled and setup correctly.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

id still use kvm then.

But is vt-d enabled on the hardware, I don't think many systems from that era had vt-d enabled and setup correctly.

yes in the bios i have "vt for direct io" enabled