COD MW 2019 lagging/stuck issue

ObiWonKenOB

Hello All,

below are my PC specs:

Ryzen5 3500

16GB , 3000Mhz ram (single channel)

GTX 1650s 4GB

550W power supply.

and playing COW MW multiplayer in medium settings (No AA). it runs smoother at times and suddenly it started having lag and stuck some times.

Checked the CPU, GPU usage (both are in proper limits , CPU : 80%, GPU :97%)

Temps: CPU :73 degree Centigrade , GPU :65-75 degree Centigrade

Ram usage : maximum 12GB

latency : 65-85

i don't see any problem with the values above, is there anything else can cause this problem?

Single Channel memory? That can cause these issues.
97% CPU usage? The can definitely cause these issues.

Personally I'd say the single channel memory is a smaller problem but an even bigger one is the 97% CPU usage, 95% or higher CPU usage in games can cause major frame drops. Plus with Modern Warfare being as CPU intensive as it is. I'd say both your single channel memory and high CPU usage is the cause of your frame drops.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

So the game runs fine for the most part, but there's moments where performance tanks?

Because I've had a similar thing happen on two systems. I think it's an issue that was introduced with a recent update to the game, or a driver problem on Nvidia's part (since both of the system I noticed this happening on were running Turing GPUs, and you seem to be too), or a combination of both.

Try using DDU to remove your video driver, and then download and install the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

Also the single-channel memory won't help. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

33 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Single Channel memory? That can cause these issues.
97% CPU usage? The can definitely cause these issues.

Personally I'd say the single channel memory is a smaller problem but an even bigger one is the 97% CPU usage, 95% or higher CPU usage in games can cause major frame drops. Plus with Modern Warfare being as CPU intensive as it is. I'd say both your single channel memory and high CPU usage is the cause of your frame drops.

97% usage was noticed in GPU, not in CPU. CPU usage was around 80% only

11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

So the game runs fine for the most part, but there's moments where performance tanks?

Because I've had a similar thing happen on two systems. I think it's an issue that was introduced with a recent update to the game, or a driver problem on Nvidia's part (since both of the system I noticed this happening on were running Turing GPUs, and you seem to be too), or a combination of both.

Try using DDU to remove your video driver, and then download and install the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

Also the single-channel memory won't help. 

can you tell me what is DDU means?

5 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

Display Driver Uninstaller

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

Display Driver Unistaller IIRC. Its a freeware, which makes sure old grapics drivers are 100% gone.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

thank you. i will try and getback

hi,

i tried it and it seems working as of now. will check for two more days and will let you know the feedback

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

after trying with DDU, it worked for some time . Now the problem is , i can feel the game is lagging / stuck. but CPU, GPU temps are ok, usage is ok, all latest driver and so on. but i could not find what is causing game stuck at some times.

Any suggestion Guys?