Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObiWonKenOB

COD MW 2019 lagging/stuck issue

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello All,

below are my PC specs:

Ryzen5 3500

16GB , 3000Mhz ram (single channel)

GTX 1650s 4GB

550W power supply.

 

and playing COW MW multiplayer in medium settings (No AA). it runs smoother at times and suddenly it started having lag and stuck some times.

 

Checked the CPU, GPU usage (both are in proper limits , CPU : 80%, GPU :97%)

Temps: CPU :73 degree Centigrade , GPU :65-75 degree Centigrade

Ram usage : maximum 12GB

latency : 65-85

 

i don't see any problem with the values above, is there anything else can cause this problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Single Channel memory? That can cause these issues.
97% CPU usage? The can definitely cause these issues.

 

Personally I'd say the single channel memory is a smaller problem but an even bigger one is the 97% CPU usage, 95% or higher CPU usage in games can cause major frame drops. Plus with Modern Warfare being as CPU intensive as it is. I'd say both your single channel memory and high CPU usage is the cause of your frame drops.


Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the game runs fine for the most part, but there's moments where performance tanks?

 

Because I've had a similar thing happen on two systems. I think it's an issue that was introduced with a recent update to the game, or a driver problem on Nvidia's part (since both of the system I noticed this happening on were running Turing GPUs, and you seem to be too), or a combination of both.

Try using DDU to remove your video driver, and then download and install the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

 

Also the single-channel memory won't help. 


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
33 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Single Channel memory? That can cause these issues.
97% CPU usage? The can definitely cause these issues.

 

Personally I'd say the single channel memory is a smaller problem but an even bigger one is the 97% CPU usage, 95% or higher CPU usage in games can cause major frame drops. Plus with Modern Warfare being as CPU intensive as it is. I'd say both your single channel memory and high CPU usage is the cause of your frame drops.

97% usage was noticed in GPU, not in CPU. CPU usage was around 80% only

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

So the game runs fine for the most part, but there's moments where performance tanks?

 

Because I've had a similar thing happen on two systems. I think it's an issue that was introduced with a recent update to the game, or a driver problem on Nvidia's part (since both of the system I noticed this happening on were running Turing GPUs, and you seem to be too), or a combination of both.

Try using DDU to remove your video driver, and then download and install the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

 

Also the single-channel memory won't help. 

can you tell me what is DDU means?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

can you tell me what is DDU means?

Display Driver Uninstaller

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB, 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

can you tell me what is DDU means?

 

Display Driver Unistaller IIRC. Its a freeware, which makes sure old grapics drivers are 100% gone.


I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

 

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

  • NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
52 minutes ago, ObiWonKenOB said:

thank you. i will try and getback

hi,

 

i tried it and it seems working as of now. will check for two more days and will let you know the feedback

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

hello,

 

after trying with DDU, it worked for some time . Now the problem is , i can feel the game is lagging / stuck. but CPU, GPU temps are ok, usage is ok, all latest driver and so on. but i could not find what is causing game stuck at some times.

 

Any suggestion Guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×