What is the Risk with These 2 Used Power Supplies?

7 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

20200922_114859.thumb.jpg.3c24073b6a3b7ccb2c10024edee48bab.jpg

Where is that 6-pin PATA./SATA cable heading off to?

4 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

There is no GPU right now with connected 6+2 PCIe cable but I tested with it and there was no difference. I also tested with CPU cooler attached and it didn't spin. PSU fan didn't spin as well. At least you know motherboard is powered when PSU fan spins.

What are the modular cables plugged into?

Unplug them from the PSU.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

Like I said. It's pointless. We are just repeating same procedures again and going in circles.

I am not going to use PSU I was given for free. I will buy generic PSU and use that only to power on the system. ZEUS 520W by Codegen should do the trick.

Thanks for your advice. I will update you on the case.

2 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

Like I said. It's pointless. We are just repeating same procedures again and going in circles.

What "same procedures" and what are we repeating exactly? This is the first time we learned you keep two whole useless modular cables plugged in pointlessly, and told you to unplug them. Should be an extremely easy instruction to follow, no? 

2 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

ZEUS 520W by Codegen should do the trick.

Like the people over on techpowerup said it's garbage. You're just throwing $25 down the drain. I think you'd be wasting your money anyway. You've taken your motherboard to a repair shop that tested it working. you've taken your PSU to two repair shops that tested it working. You took the system (motherboard + PSU + ram) to another repair shop that tested it working. If it was a dead power supply then why would it work when everyone else tested it? That's what isn't making sense here. 

If you do end up swapping power supplies and it does work then please do update the thread as I would be interested to know what the problem was.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What the fudge?!

20200925_122240.thumb.jpg.848631ffabe1906a79f7b6ffcced45a3.jpg

I haven't done anything different. I left the system untouched for a few days. Today I ordered new PSU and after ordering decided to power the system again. You know, just because... And what do you know? It powered up! I entered BIOS, set time and date and set RAM's frequency to 3200MHz. At some point my monitor went blank on standby while system was idle in BIOS, I couldn't turn it on but system was still working. I only noticed that mothetboard switched it's LED red light to DRAM. I could not power down the system with paperclip so I flipped I/O switch on PSU. Powered on system again and monitor didn't go blank this time.

I don't understand what is happening. So I guess at least PSU is in working order. So I cancelled the order I made earlier.