See through rivets on cases

Swiebertjeee
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Ok, well.. I have the exact same case.  I just got on the floor and looked at it.  You're talking about the three rivets along the top of the PSU.

Not pop-rivets, aka blind-rivets.  These are called "pull through rivets":

https://www.stanleyengineeredfastening.com/fasteners/rivets/open-closed-end-rivets/pop-pull-thru

Hi , 

I just received the fractal meshify C , for this build I wanted to adjust a few things thus I need to disassemble the case. 

So in order to prepare myself I got myself 3.2mm rivets and a rivet gun, however upon inspection there is also this 'see through rivet/ring' (see picture on the left). I was wondering how are these called, because I was not aware of them and how do i remove them and replace them :D 

If anyone can help me here much appreciated. 

rivet-ring.jpeg

Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

4 minutes ago, tkitch said:

those look like normal rivets to me?

On the right you see a normal 3.2mm rivet, on the left side it is empty (see through) in the middle and ring clossure on both sides. Attached more clear picture 

rivet-ring.jpeg

That happens sometimes.  

If the little nub at the top of the rivet doesn't break off, it will be empty.  

They're rivets.  Just poor quality control.

If the mandrel pulls all of the way through the rivet body without breaking off the head, the head just falls off the other side.

Just make sure YOU do a better job when you put the case back together.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're rivets.  Just poor quality control.

If the mandrel pulls all of the way through the rivet body without breaking off the head, the head just falls off the other side.

Just make sure YOU do a better job when you put the case back together.

Are you sure, because they look like they are strategically placed. They have more of some sort of ring closure on both sides like an eyelet you see on curtains. But I never saw those on computer cases. It is only where it conencts to a thinner (black) back shell for mobo and for pSU shroud 

Ok, well.. I have the exact same case.  I just got on the floor and looked at it.  You're talking about the three rivets along the top of the PSU.

https://www.stanleyengineeredfastening.com/fasteners/rivets/open-closed-end-rivets/pop-pull-thru

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Oh that is awesome, those are the ones. Sadly I am not able to find them here in the netherlands. Do you think I can just replace them by normal pop rivets>? 

25 minutes ago, Swiebertjeee said:

Oh that is awesome, those are the ones. Sadly I am not able to find them here in the netherlands. Do you think I can just replace them by normal pop rivets>? 

I would venture so since you can grab the tail end of the part that breaks off into the PSU shroud. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25