Ryzen 2700x temps high and spiking by 10°C

CarloTheGamer

2068429870_tempspikes.thumb.JPG.a7605d30ea3e91c2f8632e6a7b314711.JPG

613641191_tempspikes2.thumb.JPG.2baa53d7d745af76e3cc20bd2c455cbf.JPG

Screenshots show temps on Ryzen master while running aida 64, cpu is locked at 4.1Ghz and 1.33 volts. Running a 360 CM AIO and arctic mx4 thermal compound but CPU still spikes up to 82C. Dunno why this is happening, already tried changing thermal compound, cleaned cpu and cold-plate with alcohol, changed rad to top position from being in the front (thought that it could have been due air trapped in the pump). None of this helped. The spikes are the main concern, they are 10C spikes and occur no matter if the CPU is under load or not. Really have no idea what it could be. I found some posts about idle temp spikes due to single core turbo at low loads but this doesn't explain the spikes while under 100% all core load. You guys have any ideas? 

This might just be PBO doing its thing. I'm not an expert but I think PBO messes with CPU power draw a bit so that might explain the temp spikes.

could definitely be wrong though, my 3900x doesn't do that

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

23 minutes ago, Nerdom said:

This might just be PBO doing its thing. I'm not an expert but I think PBO messes with CPU power draw a bit so that might explain the temp spikes.

could definitely be wrong though, my 3900x doesn't do that

At first I thought that was the problem too, however, its manually locked at 4.1Ghz meaning that PBO cannot kick in...