Is GTX 1660 super good for 4k video editing? (After Effect)

Go to solution Solved by Nerdom,
1 minute ago, devidchakma said:

I am probably forcing my cpu to render my 10 sec videos and What if I use 8gb with another 16gb (total 24GB) same power as my old 8gb ram, and should I buy the gtx 1660 super?

IMO, just another 8gb will be fine. You'd be able to run in dual channel mode then (I'm assuming you have a single stick right now). A 1660 super would go well with your build and allow you to upgrade your CPU in the future as well.

Is GTX 1660 super good for 4k video editing and rendering? (After Effect)

My PC Config

i5 7400

WD 240 GB SSD

Toshiba 1TB HDD (7200RPM) 

Ram Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2400mhz

For super heavy 4k editing you'd probably see that CPU chug a bit, but it'd probably work just fine for lighter work. You'd definitely need a dGPU to have any hope of editing on that rig because integrated graphics will not work for that sort of workload. The 1660 super has enough power where it won't be a bottleneck

I'd recommend getting another 8gb of RAM if possible, and storing all your footage on your SSD while you're working on it.

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

1 minute ago, Nerdom said:

For super heavy 4k editing you'd probably see that chug a bit, but it'd probably work just fine for lighter work. You'd definitely need a dGPU to have any hope of editing on that rig because integrated graphics will not work for that sort of workload.

I'd recommend getting another 8gb of RAM if possible, and storing all your footage on your SSD while you're working on it.

I am probably forcing my cpu to render my 10 sec videos and What if I use 8gb with another 16gb (total 24GB) same power as my old 8gb ram, and should I buy the gtx 1660 super?

1 minute ago, devidchakma said:

IMO, just another 8gb will be fine. You'd be able to run in dual channel mode then (I'm assuming you have a single stick right now). A 1660 super would go well with your build and allow you to upgrade your CPU in the future as well.

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

6 minutes ago, Nerdom said:

okay thanks.