Decisions, decisions...

Agate F150

So, our household consists of my wife's 16"MBP and my ASUS Gu502GW laptops, so we both have access to DP 1.4 or equivalent with adapters.  We are trying to find a monitor that can function with both and also serve as an extra TV in the bedroom where our new desk is located. Cost really isn't a super issue, but overall form and functionality is the main drive here. 

- wife does mainly content creation and media viewing on her MBP. 

- I use my ROG for college and gaming (FPS, story driven, all, etc...)

- I know there are UHD tv that are compatible, like the Q80T from Samsung and the LG CX OLED, but as those are 48 and 49", they are larger than desired for using when on the desk. 

- the ASUS XG438Q and the Acer CG437K are at 43", which is about the peak for size desired as a desktop monitor. 

- 4k is a desire, as we will be hooking up the PS4 as well to ease with movie watching. 

- may VESA mount on wall or desk, but that all depends on the 

Ideas? Looking to settle on one within the next 24-48 hrs, as shipping will be a week or more typically. TIA!

I would recommend the LG CX

in desk usage you can just use part of the screen and leave the rest black

but in bed normal monitor sizes (27 even 32) will look too small

If I drop the native aspect ratio, would the 2070 maxq have an issue with it? I know obviously not in 4k, but 1440. I know the MBP won't really have an issue, for basic media display anyways. 

36 minutes ago, YsGrandi said:

I would recommend the LG CX

in desk usage you can just use part of the screen and leave the rest black

but in bed normal monitor sizes (27 even 32) will look too small

Actually, follow-up on that logic, would the 49" q80t hit that thought process as well?  While not an OLED, and mentioning no cost limit, a 500-700$ differences I still a big difference, especially because we have our Bravia OLED in the living room for actual premium content. 

I guess being able to have the peripherals plugged into the TV/monitor would be a plus too.