help - New 2020 PC build - help

zineoxide

Hi everyone. 

Im a confused guy from Sweden seeking some tech help.

I do build my own PC's but im never really sure if the parts im getting is the best choice to get. And that's why im here today!

So... im building a new gaming PC.

My budget is anywhere from 1000$ to 1300$. I often only have time to play two or three nights a week for a couple of hours, so I wont be needing that extreme gaming pc.
Now this PC will mainly be running games such as PUBG(99% of the time) and Rust. And as of now, I can run them quite fine with my 1080/4790k PC but im struggling to really get to the next level when it comes to my performance in the games listed above.
I have to, for example, run very low settings on PUBG and still get those FPS drops in some areas or fights and it's making me go crazy watching all those streamers running the game soooo smoootthhllyy!

What I am looking for is a build that can run the above games with a high, smooth and consistent framerate.  

In other words, I need I good pc for the amount of money listed above and I figured this would be one of the best places to look for the help building one.

I am used to run intel+nvidia stuff and I have bad experience with AMD due to some previous builds with bottleneck CPUS. But if anyone can suggest a cool build with AMD, i would be down for that to!

(I am not upgrading the one I have, I want to build a new PC)

Sometimes I would just wish LTT would call me up, fly me over, and help me build this god damn pc. But until that happens, i'll have to try myself :)

Thank you so much and I do apologize for my grammar, hope you can understand all of this!

Best regards...

Would you be able to answer why this build would get the job done?

As I said, I have had some bad experience with AMD's in the past where CPU would just completely throttle jumping from 14% to 99 when loading in to certain things like for example google chroome.

And thank you very much for the input @boggy77

1 minute ago, zineoxide said:

As I said, I have had some bad experience with AMD's in the past where CPU would just completely throttle jumping from 14% to 99 when loading in to certain things like for example google chroome.

And thank you very much for the input @boggy77

ryzen has been very well received and reviewed lately, with the 3rd generation being very reliable. it also performs at a similar level as equivalent intel cpus, at a lower price points.

amd still have some instability and drivers in their GPUs, but their ryzen CPUs have been really solid.

8 minutes ago, zineoxide said:

And thank you very much for the input -snip-

AMD used to have to push over 200w in some cpus to attempt to compete with intel, and sometimws would throttle with AIOs. Just to mention, wait for next gen Ryzen, as the anouncement will be on October 8th. Leaks point to finaly taking the high end gaming crown from Intel.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

@boggy77 @HelpfulTechWizard

I think I would be able to step it up to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor.

Do you have any experience with that CPU?

As I said, I had bad expierience with AMD, but that was probably cause I was using a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition, Socket-AM3+. And this was years ago.

Still I am a little bit worried about using amd.

edit:
I have already been waiting to order this pc for some months now. I will order is this weekend.

Also thank you again for you inputs!

have already been waiting to order this pc for some months now. I will order is this weekend.

FYI, the 3070 isnt out yet, and ryzen 4000 will make you wish that you waited, if leaks are true.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

FYI, the 3070 isnt out yet, and ryzen 4000 will make you wish that you waited, if leaks are true.

@HelpfulTechWizard
3070 will be out early october right?
Will the ryzen 4000 be able to fit into my budget?

And I also thought these would ONLY be avaiable in pre-build computers and would only be able to run with radeon cards?

Yes the 3070 will launch in october, and the ryzen 4000 cpus will be fine for your budget, if you are ok with a not same spec cpu (like droping down to a 4600, instead of a 4700x.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, zineoxide said:

I think I would be able to step it up to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor.

Do you have any experience with that CPU?

3700x is excellent. I myself have a 2600x and very happy with it.

4 minutes ago, zineoxide said:

yes, early october for both 3070 and ryzen 4000. we don't expect price increases for the new ryzen cpus, they should be launched with prices similar to what the 3000 series was launched:

r5 3600 (6 core) - $200

r7 3700x(8 core) - $330

r9 3900x (12 core) - $500

I expect similar pricing for the 4000 series

what about just uppppping the price abit with a Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, 3070s card and the rest of the pcpartpicker list?

Or would that just be worse then going with the AMD processors?
Im just throwing that out there in the conversation.

@boggy77 @HelpfulTechWizard

2 minutes ago, zineoxide said:

what about just uppppping the price abit with a Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, 3070s card and the rest of the pcpartpicker list?

Or would that just be worse then going with the AMD processors?
Im just throwing that out there in the conversation

9900k costs more. 3070s is not comfirmed.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, zineoxide said:

Intel Core i9-9900K Processor

go with a 10700k if you want intel.