ZOTAC received 20,000 orders for GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity through Amazon alone

Jet_ski
4 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I do love the BS in there. I don't believe for 1 sec they had anything more planned than a paper launch with sub 50k cards.

Reveal hidden contents

We have great supply - just not for this level of demand. It is typical for initial demand to exceed supply for our new GPUs. Our global network of partners are ramping as hard as they can to get the new GPUs to the more than 100 million GeForce gamers around the world. Our philosophy has always been to get the latest technology into the hands of gamers as fast as possible. As we race to build more GeForce RTX 3080s, we suggest not buying from opportunistic resellers who are attempting to take advantage of the current situation

I saw individuals who use bots/scripts celebrating the purchase of multiple GeForce RTX 3080 GPUs! Did bots get all of the available supply?

No. While individuals using bots may have shown images of email inboxes filled with confirmed orders, NVIDIA has cancelled hundreds of orders manually before they were able to ship.

I like how it says they stopped a few hundred orders, so they maybe stopped a few scalpers lol.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

But it's Nvidia so they must be bad!

I heard some guy on Youtube (who has constantly been wrong about pretty much everything he has said) said it's a conspiracy from Nvidia so we should all hate them for it!

All the sources saying that Nvidia did the launch as properly as they could and it was just an extremely insane demand for the cards and they sold out? Probably just in on the conspiracy theory and this random person on Youtube is the only ones we can trust! Fuck Nvidia! AMD 4 lyfe!

(sarcasm from me but sadly some people actually think this way)

"as properly as they could"

Yeah right, with no pre-ordering, or a only 1 card per address, or captcha system on the nvidia store to at least lessen the amount of botters hitting sites so hard they crashed some retailers sites.

But people are gonna assume i'm upset I couldn't buy one right at launch, no I'm holding off to see if AMD has anything competitive, and cards with more VRAM were confirmed by Gigabyte, i think it's better to wait than rush to buy the 10GB model anyway. And people buying 2080Ti's at launch got burned by cards with failing VRAM so let the beta testers deal with any issues.

Edited by Blademaster91

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I like how it says they stopped a few hundred orders, so they maybe stopped a few scalpers lol.

exactly. or that shows just how few they had for the US. we stopped 1k out of 3k ordered

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

The FE's are not "reference". They are very high end PCB's and the reference boards the AIB boards have are worse hence this one is worse. Yes it's "by design". I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary here, I guess people didnt realize FE was high end this year.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

But it's Nvidia so they must be bad!

I heard some guy on Youtube (who has constantly been wrong about pretty much everything he has said) said it's a conspiracy from Nvidia so we should all hate them for it!

All the sources saying that Nvidia did the launch as properly as they could and it was just an extremely insane demand for the cards and they sold out? Probably just in on the conspiracy theory and this random person on Youtube is the only ones we can trust! Fuck Nvidia! AMD 4 lyfe!

(sarcasm from me but sadly some people actually think this way)

Haha, yeah. People love to ride AMD, as if they've never had availability problems at any of their launches 🙄

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well scalpers are pretty much just investors. They know little to nothing about tech. They just read from some random article somewhere that this is a hot new product that everyone wants to get their hands on. That's enough for the sound of cash registers to ring in their ears and their eyes to see nothing but dollar bills. All they see is RTX 3080 and it looks roughly like what was shown in the article they read, time to hit buy now and flip for insane profits. 

Not all. I do it from time to time if I know there will be demand, like when OnePlus used to make you get invites to buy their phones. I bought 4 of the original OnePlus phones and made about $250 off of each. Same thing with the PS4 launch.

1 hour ago, soldier_ph said:

Yeah this launch has been an absolute Shit Show. You can preorder 3080s for between 799 CHF and 829 CHF here in Switzerland. 799 CHF = 873 USD and 829 CHF = 906 USD as of the time of writing this reply. That's way above MSRP and what anyone should ever spend on these Cards. Swiss pricing is always a bit weird but I can't recall it ever being so ridiculously over MSRP. Swiss MSRP for the 3080s is the same as everywhere else too: 699 CHF.

I mean...the definition of MSRP tells you part of the reason. Suggested retail price.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah right, with no pre-ordering, or a only 1 card per address, or captcha system on the nvidia store to at least lessen the amount of botters hitting sites so hard they crashed some retailers sites.

But people are gonna assume i'm upset I couldn't buy one right at launch, no I'm holding off to see if AMD has anything competitive, and cards with more VRAM were confirmed by Gigabyte, i think it's better to wait than rush to buy the 10GB model anyway. And people buying 2080Ti's at launch got burned by cards with failing VRAM so let the early adopters deal with any issues.

Even the stores that had limits in place ran out of stock pretty quickly. That wouldn't have stopped people from being unable to get the cards. Most retailers sites would have crashed regardless of having limits, since they're not made to withstand that much demand. It's basically like Black Friday.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

Nope. A great launch is one where a decent number of early adopters get the product. People wouldn’t be this mad if they saw real people get the cards, instead we saw miners show off their 3080 cards before the launch and then scalpers n bots took the rest.

but scalper and miners get the cards in every launch...

Everyone forgets but like every launch since gtx 900 has had shortages that drive up the price. One day they where $380 next day I went to get one they had 2 left and had to check management for "real prices" I was standing there at the POS negotiating and haggling price like it was a used car purchase. They wanted $520 for it. That was like 1-2 months after launch, are you even a early adapter at the point. It was the first time i was able to even get my hands on a box of 1000 series and then for shifty microcenter to jack up the price basically killed all the fun in getting the card, it was the last gpu I ever bought like that. Now i just wait a year.

gtx1070 price.png

1 hour ago, staticpage said:

Everyone forgets but like every launch since gtx 900 has had shortages that drive up the price. One day they where $380 next day I went to get one they had 2 left and had to check management for "real prices" I was standing there at the POS negotiating and haggling price like it was a used car purchase. They wanted $520 for it. That was like 1-2 months after launch, are you even a early adapter at the point. It was the first time i was able to even get my hands on a box of 1000 series and then for shifty microcenter to jack up the price basically killed all the fun in getting the card, it was the last gpu I ever bought like that. Now i just wait a year.

gtx1070 price.png

I feel less bad after seeing this. But if this launch has taught me anything is to never watch product launches or reviews until the products are out there. 

On price increases, there may be one genuine contributing factor that is often overlooked. Pricing is generally set assuming routine shipments, either literally by ship or whatever is reasonably cheap. What we have at the moment is a rush for product. To get as much product to people as soon as practical, faster shipping methods might be used. Typically air. Someone has to eat that cost.

Not saying that more expensive shipping on the part of the distribution chain will account for all the price increases, but it is likely at least a contributing factor.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible