ZOTAC received 20,000 orders for GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity through Amazon alone

Jet_ski

Summary

The launch of the GeForce RTX 3080 will be remembered as the worst launch of graphics cards. The nonexistent stock has been depleted in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds. It was confirmed that scalpers have used bots for ordering, even from the official NVIDIA store.

Meanwhile, board partners expect thousands of units to be shipped worldwide soon. Despite very limited stock and due to an error, Amazon Germany took preorders for ZOTAC RTX 3080 Trinity. Almost 20 thousand preorders have been submitted, even though the company did not have this many cards for sale.

The company announced on Twitter that the orders may need to be canceled, otherwise weeks of waiting time is to be expected. (See quote below)

In Germany the cheapest models, such as ASUS TUF, which debuted at 699 EUR is now not available for less than 799 EUR, ComputerBase reports. Those who order the cards may want to wait for them to be fulfiled, otherwise, a much higher order price is too be expected.

The Trinity RTX 3080 model from ZOTAC tested by reviewers has been seen to perform 1-3% slower than NVIDIA Founders Edition. Over the weekend, ZOTAC US staff posted a very unfortunate comment on Reddit, revealing that this is by design:

It’s by design – it’s also a way to seperate our higher end models from the basic Trinity models. -  ZOTAC US On Reddit 

They later provided a “clarification” which I don’t care for and won’t add here. They said what they wanted to say; they are changing it after the fact because of the backlash they received.

Quotes

Almost 20,000 pre-orders have been received and, with the best of intentions, we cannot serve them in a short time, as much as we wanted. So again: We are infinitely sorry, but we also don’t know what went wrong here. — ZOTAC on Twitter (now removed)

My thoughts

As more news trickles out about the 3000 RTX series, Nvidia keeps looking worse. They not only misrepresented the performance of their cards with the “twice the performance of 2080 TI” but also played everyone from consumers to tech journalists. The main selling point of the 3000 RTX series was their price and they knew how many they had in stock for the launch; so why would they launch with so little inventory? And I have a couple of theories:

• They were in the process of acquiring ARM and wanted to present some good will to regulators around the world to get the deal approved by “launching” new products at lower prices. If regulators in the US and UK had a pulse they wouldn’t let this deal go through but...
  • Nvidia wanted to launch before AMD, the PS5, and the Xbox. And it’s been all everyone talks about

I personally reached out to a retailer about 3080 availability and this is what they told me:

image.png.d2a4e9787d6a968a0fe13bcf4dfb954e.png

—————UPDATE—————

For people who didn’t know, Amazon Germany listing was open to international buyers. I personally had a chance to order from them but decided not to bc the warranty was not international. However, a lot of people in North America who couldn’t buy the cars here, chose to order it internationally.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-received-20000-orders-for-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity-through-amazon-alone

I'll wager than the vast majority of those preorders are people hoping they can scalp it.  There's no fucking way there's 20k people with $800 to burn on a GPU on launch.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

19 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

nonexistent stock

That's just factually wrong. There was stock, even if totally inadequate to satisfy demand.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I'll wager than the vast majority of those preorders are people hoping they can scalp it.  There's no fucking way there's 20k people with $800 to burn on a GPU on launch.

20k people in Germany ordering a specific card from Amazon... I really don't know how realistic that is, but I don't think it is that unrealistic in the circumstances.

Ok, I'm looking in areas of the internet of people with similar interests, but there certainly was a LOT of people who would have got a card on launch day had it been available. As it wasn't, then any pre-order remaining listed on sites is going to get hits as people try to get in the queue as soon as practical. Most places I've looked at aren't taking any more pre-orders until they get through their existing backlog.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

20.000 buyers is nothing. Extrapolate this on every AIB and you still get a very tiny number combined. I mean, even if we look just at US market alone, that's a very small number for a 300 something million country. Hell, even for 80 million Germany, 20.000 pieces from one AIB vendor isn't much. Lets say there are 8 bigger vendors, making it 160.000 graphic cards. It's not much for population size. And thinking 800€ is a lot, it really isn't. People are willing to shell out when product is very good. And RTX 3080 is. Especially if you're on 2-3 or even 5 years old geneation graphic card it's a massive jump.

2 minutes ago, porina said:

20k people in Germany ordering a specific card from Amazon... I really don't know how realistic that is, but I don't think it is that unrealistic in the circumstances.

The orders were open to international buyers. I saw that link but decided to not not buy it bc the warranty isn’t global. But I saw people in North America who ordered it from there.

4 minutes ago, porina said:

I agree here. An average employee has to save up money several month in order to afford an 800 € card. It is very unlikely in this case. Only 300 Germans are currently selling used 2080 and 2080 tis for comarisons sake. 

Makes you wonder the production capacity. What do they make, 150 cards a day? I'm used to other production lines where they churn products out in thousands an hour, so it makes me wonder what the hell...

This goes in the "Why I don't buy tech at launch" folder.

2021 is the time for new rigs, baby!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

6 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Makes you wonder the production capacity. What do they make, 150 cards a day? I'm used to other production lines where they churn products out in thousands an hour, so it makes me wonder what the hell...

The GN video claimed AIBs started production in August, so it hasn't been that long. It would be interesting where the limit lies, but I doubt we'll get that info. Is it lack of dies from nvidia/Samsung, or some other choke point in the supply chain?

My current take on the situation is that supply probably wont start to reach existing demand for perhaps a month or so. It is unclear how many would be 1st day 3080 buyers would switch to the cheaper 3070 by that point, assuming their availability is any better.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, porina said:

The GN video claimed AIBs started production in August, so it hasn't been that long. It would be interesting where the limit lies, but I doubt we'll get that info. Is it lack of dies from nvidia/Samsung, or some other choke point in the supply chain?

My current take on the situation is that supply probably wont start to reach existing demand for perhaps a month or so. It is unclear how many would be 1st day 3080 buyers would switch to the cheaper 3070 by that point, assuming their availability is any better.

I managed to order an ASUS TUF 3080 about 20 minutes after the cards went on sale (tried ordering an FE card first, but we all know how that turned out)
- I even paid an MSRP price for it, exactly the same as the one on Nvidia's website. Shortly after that they were out-of-stock and actually taken down from their website (other models are still there, just a lot more expensive atm).

I contacted the retailer today (one of the largest ones in my country) to find out when can I expect the card, this is what they said:

Thank you for the interest, I'd like to kindly inform you that your order currently awaits shipment from the manufacturer. AIB manufacturers underestimated the demand for the RTX 3080. There weren't enough units produced, meaning that we can't fulfil all of the orders that we have at this time.
From the information we received, GPU factories are working at their full steam right now to resupply retailers.

Please be patient, we're going to be shipping the products to customers the same day we receive them ourselves.

This is pretty much a word-for-word translation and it looks like a pretty generic response for "we have no idea, sorry"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

This is pretty much a word-for-word translation and it looks like a pretty generic response for "we have no idea, sorry"

Interesting. I know some on the forum have attributed part of this mess to Samsung's process, although I have yet to see anything to confirm that. But if that wording is correct, it sounds like AIBs could have made more but didn't. We are in uncertain times, and making too many that you can't sell is far worse than making not enough. If this is true, then they could ramp up production and fill the demand more quickly than if there were limits elsewhere in the chain.

There's also the air vs ship question. I'm not sure how much cost it really adds, but certainly my previous employers often had to juggle that speed vs cost. That's in a more competitive area though. There were alternate offerings which could fill that gap, a scenario which doesn't describe red vs green, but could arguably describe AIB vs AIB. I have my preferred cards, but if a less preferred one was available, I'd certainly consider it.

Haven't read it yet, nvidia just tweeted they posted following statement:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-3080-qa/

I asked a local store that also does Zotac Repairs about 3080 availability. They told me to come back in a few months or buy inno3D/Galax instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

5 minutes ago, porina said:

There's also the air vs ship question. I'm not sure how much cost it really adds, but certainly my previous employers often had to juggle that speed vs cost. That's in a more competitive area though

I suppose that depends on the actual margins that they make with those cards, considering Nvidia set the "bar" relatively low this generation in terms of MSRP.

6 minutes ago, porina said:

But if that wording is correct, it sounds like AIBs could have made more but didn't.

Yes, that was the exact way it was worded, and judging from Nvidia's statement this is actually one of the reasons: "We and our partners underestimated it. (the demand)"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4 hours ago, porina said:

That's just factually wrong. There was stock, even if totally inadequate to satisfy demand.

True 4 cards is stock.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

The launch of the GeForce RTX 3080 will be remembered as the worst launch of graphics cards. The nonexistent stock has been depleted in a matter of minutes

wouldn't that make it the best launch?

4 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

no way? in a world with the population that we have? of course there is a way lol

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Ahhh joy, more conspiracy drivel. Yes, they had stock issues at launch. Yes, it sold out. Happens pretty much every launch. There's already been many, many news articles on this, and GN did an excellent video on availability and why it's so low; the demand has been outstanding. Which makes sense, tons of people have been waiting for this card, and tons of people are now stuck at home making it an even more tempting purchase. Include issues with customs and products made overseas, and you've got another bottleneck.

Nvidia certainly doesn't look worse. At least not to themselves, and not to investors. If Joe Blow wants to complain about how the card isn't available at launch, sure that's unfortunate; wait a few weeks. It's not life and death. They also didn't misrepresent their cards. There are titles that see 2x improvement. To think that goes across every single title is asinine. I highly doubt Nvidia cares about the consoles. It's an entirely different segment.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

They only started mass production in August. Even if it was thousands a day, say 6, that's only 270,000 cards. That's not much.

32 minutes ago, porina said:

Interesting. I know some on the forum have attributed part of this mess to Samsung's process, although I have yet to see anything to confirm that. But if that wording is correct, it sounds like AIBs could have made more but didn't. We are in uncertain times, and making too many that you can't sell is far worse than making not enough. If this is true, then they could ramp up production and fill the demand more quickly than if there were limits elsewhere in the chain.

There's also the air vs ship question. I'm not sure how much cost it really adds, but certainly my previous employers often had to juggle that speed vs cost. That's in a more competitive area though. There were alternate offerings which could fill that gap, a scenario which doesn't describe red vs green, but could arguably describe AIB vs AIB. I have my preferred cards, but if a less preferred one was available, I'd certainly consider it.

Apparently their process is pretty strong. So, I don't buy that either; it's probably from the same people just spouting off that it's 8nm so it sucks, ignoring the fact that it's a custom process. I don't think they under produced; that doesn't make sense from any kind of business aspect. Especially since it's at launch, where you have the best chance to sell through whatever you produce.

Air freight, especially now, is extremely expensive. Ship is of course cheaper, but you're looking at a month to three month wait.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

51 minutes ago, porina said:

Haven't read it yet, nvidia just tweeted they posted following statement:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-3080-qa/

I do love the BS in there. I don't believe for 1 sec they had anything more planned than a paper launch with sub 50k cards.

Spoiler

We have great supply - just not for this level of demand. It is typical for initial demand to exceed supply for our new GPUs. Our global network of partners are ramping as hard as they can to get the new GPUs to the more than 100 million GeForce gamers around the world. Our philosophy has always been to get the latest technology into the hands of gamers as fast as possible. As we race to build more GeForce RTX 3080s, we suggest not buying from opportunistic resellers who are attempting to take advantage of the current situation

I saw individuals who use bots/scripts celebrating the purchase of multiple GeForce RTX 3080 GPUs! Did bots get all of the available supply?

No. While individuals using bots may have shown images of email inboxes filled with confirmed orders, NVIDIA has cancelled hundreds of orders manually before they were able to ship.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

It must be a mistake if it's the Zotac Trinity. Haven't heard anything good about that model.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

3 hours ago, poochyena said:

wouldn't that make it the best launch?

Nope. A great launch is one where a decent number of early adopters get the product. People wouldn’t be this mad if they saw real people get the cards, instead we saw miners show off their 3080 cards before the launch and then scalpers n bots took the rest.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Ahhh joy, more conspiracy drivel. Yes, they had stock issues at launch. Yes, it sold out. Happens pretty much every launch. There's already been many, many news articles on this, and GN did an excellent video on availability and why it's so low; the demand has been outstanding. Which makes sense, tons of people have been waiting for this card, and tons of people are now stuck at home making it an even more tempting purchase. Include issues with customs and products made overseas, and you've got another bottleneck.

But it's Nvidia so they must be bad!

I heard some guy on Youtube (who has constantly been wrong about pretty much everything he has said) said it's a conspiracy from Nvidia so we should all hate them for it!

All the sources saying that Nvidia did the launch as properly as they could and it was just an extremely insane demand for the cards and they sold out? Probably just in on the conspiracy theory and this random person on Youtube is the only ones we can trust! Fuck Nvidia! AMD 4 lyfe!

(sarcasm from me but sadly some people actually think this way)

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

It must be a mistake if it's the Zotac Trinity. Haven't heard anything good about that model.

Well scalpers are pretty much just investors. They know little to nothing about tech. They just read from some random article somewhere that this is a hot new product that everyone wants to get their hands on. That's enough for the sound of cash registers to ring in their ears and their eyes to see nothing but dollar bills. All they see is RTX 3080 and it looks roughly like what was shown in the article they read, time to hit buy now and flip for insane profits. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Yeah this launch has been an absolute Shit Show. You can preorder 3080s for between 799 CHF and 829 CHF here in Switzerland. 799 CHF = 873 USD and 829 CHF = 906 USD as of the time of writing this reply. That's way above MSRP and what anyone should ever spend on these Cards. Swiss pricing is always a bit weird but I can't recall it ever being so ridiculously over MSRP. Swiss MSRP for the 3080s is the same as everywhere else too: 699 CHF.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

12 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Yeah this launch has been an absolute Shit Show. You can preorder 3080s for between 799 CHF and 829 CHF here in Switzerland. 799 CHF = 873 USD and 829 CHF = 906 USD as of the time of writing this reply. 

It seems like a good deal? I mean Swiss earn double the income than we Germans have and social security as well as taxes are also lower. 

Is the customs even that strict? I mean the border  is not far and you could sneak it back