10900k reaching 1.48 voltage vcore on stock bios

Hi guys,

10900k reaching 1.48 voltage vcore on stock bios on asus z490-A strix

It does reach that high (CPU-Z shows that) while running cinebench single core benchmark and as soon as the cpu reaches 5.2 / 5.3 ghz the CPU Vcore in CPUZ stays steady at 1.46 / 1.48 vcore

That seems like a lot, in bios, it is updated to latest bios and it's running stock except XMP 1 for 3600 mhz ram

Also, asus MCE is turned on by default. With MCE turned off, vcore stays around 1.29v but cpu speed doesnt go over 4900 mhz...

Is it normal ? Should I leave MCE ON or OFF let's say I plan to keep the computer for a long time ?

Temps are fine. ~70c max

That's kinda high voltage wise. What is your CPU SP number? Lots of people with similar CPU are advising 1.35 to 1.38V for daily drive. 

17 minutes ago, Imannudein said:

That's kinda high voltage wise. What is your CPU SP number? Lots of people with similar CPU are advising 1.35 to 1.38V for daily drive. 

What is SP ?

Update : I just realized I had turned on "auto AI OC" before and even tho I had turned it off after testing it, it stayed "ON" somehow ?

I just reset the bios back to default, turned XMP on only, and now I can see it runs at 4.9 ghz on all cores with max 1.34 vcore , most of the benchmark it stayed around 1.29vcore

On single core benchmark it stayed mostly around 4.9/5ghz but did reach 5.3 ghz on some cores for some short moments and voltage stayed around 1.30 / 1.34 highest

I think I am fine now. I will do one last run with MCE turned off just to see how much voltage this MCE adds