Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaMainMan

FS 2020 crashing after move to SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone,

I originally installed FS2020 on a normal HDD by accident. Due to the truly horrific loading times, I was made pretty aware of this mistake right from the get-go. Long story short, I moved everything to my SSD and the game starts up fine on loads considerably faster (obviously). 

Now though, the game crashes soon after loading into the actual flying -> I never had this problem with the HDD. The time it takes to crash seems to be dependent on the location. City -> instant crash; Countryside -> Around 15-20 seconds after lift-off.

I have tried completely downloading the game again, since I had the hunch that some files might have been corrupted during the move to the SSD. That made no difference though. I have the feeling that this is somehow a SSD/RAM issue, this the problem came up only after the move and my RAM is completely used up -> I never had this problem with any other game so far.

System specs:

- i7 6700k overclocked to 4,6ghz

- 16gb DDR4 2400mhz (totally pinned during gameplay to 15,7gb)

- RTX 2070 Super

- Samsung 850 Evo 1tb -> Samsung Magician says the SSD is perfectly fine. 

Did you just copy and paste it over or did you do a proper re-install?

Just read your post again you have. Have you made sure the plane your flying isn't one that's problematic after the last update?

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, mopman94 said:

Did you just copy and paste it over or did you do a proper re-install?

Just read your post again you have. Have you made sure the plane your flying isn't one that's problematic after the last update?

Ah I didn't know about that -> is there a list somewhere?

Thanks!