RYZEN 7 2700 Insane Boost Clocks. Help? Thoughts?

Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

Use HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master instead of HWMonitor - it's known to be broken, especially on Ryzen.

For the past little while, HWMonitor has been reporting insane boost clocks while gaming for my Ryzen 7 2700. Today was the highest I've seen so far at 5.51GHz. I have the CPU overclocked to 4.0Ghz @ 1.35V, and I'm using the stock Prism cooler and an Asrock x370 Killer SLI/ac mobo with 16gb GSkill Trident Z 3200mhz and an EVGA 600W 80+ PSU. 

Is this a reporting error, and if so what caused it? Or should I get an AIO and see how far this thing will OC? I couldn't get it stable @4.1 without raising the voltage, so I left it at 4.0GHz, but with a better cooler I could probably bring the voltage up a good bit. Though I am a little worried about degradation at that point. How much voltage can these chips take?

insaneBoostClocks.png

Use HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master instead of HWMonitor - it's known to be broken, especially on Ryzen.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I'll do testing with both.

After testing with Ryzen Master and HWiNFO64, it was indeed a reporting error. Kinda disappointing, but it's not like I've lost anything, so it's fine.