I'm a f***ing idiot. Please help me

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
51 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

Looks pretty straight to me. If you clean up that thermal paste all over the edges and reinsert it, it might work. I've brought a couple of Socket 939 CPUs back from the brink of a pin-bent death with a credit card, a chopstick and a lot of patience, so you might have fixed it.

I bought a ryzen 3 3100 and tried to install it into my asus prime a520k-m and the fan got stuck to it and I was dumb and a ton of pins got bent pretty bad. I bent them all back put the cpu in and it doesnt post. Did I f*** it up? Yes im guessing

1 minute ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

a ton of pins got bent pretty bad. I bent them all back put the cpu in and it doesnt post.

most likely broken unfortnately.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Well thanks for assuring me. That's sad but its my fault for being mentally slow. I've tried building a pc for 9 months whenever I feel like im getting closer it never works out 😔

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What do i do with the broken cpu

Try clearing cmos?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

This is why I prefer building in an Intel system. AMD really needs to switch over. I mean, they'll copy their naming schemes, but not the more useful stuff?

5 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

Some people will buy them as necklaces. If you take a picture of how badly the pins are bent someone might be able to make a guess at it's chance of being revived.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

This is why I prefer building in an Intel system. AMD really needs to switch over. I mean, they'll copy their naming schemes, but not the more useful stuff?

Some people will buy them as necklaces. If you take a picture of how badly the pins are bent someone might be able to make a guess at it's chance of being revived.

They aren't too bad but intel motherboards are just as if not more prone to damage/harder to fix

They also make a nasty crunch sound when you clamp it down.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

15 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

The upside of the type of system AMD uses is it is not totally impossible to fix bent pins. It’s just expensive and specialized work.  There are people that do it.   They buy CPUs with bent and broken pins on eBay at a massive discount, fix them, and resell them as refurbished.  Therefore the thing may retain some value.  It can still be sold on eBay for a bit of money.  It might even be possible to sell the cpu and buy it back again.  Expensive lesson :/

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

They aren't too bad but intel motherboards are just as if not more prone to damage/harder to fix

Haha, I've never heard a crunching sound when I've installed an Intel CPU, and I've built quite a few PCs.

While it's true pins are delicate in both setups, the chance of you coming into contact with the pins if you're careful on Intel is drastically lower than with AMD, due to them not being exposed. It also doesn't affect things when you're uninstalling the CPU cooler, unlike AMD where it can quite often stick to it, and you have to perform a janky twisting motion to free it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I've never heard a crunching sound when I've installed an Intel CPU, and I've built quite a few PCs.

While it's true pins are delicate in both setups, the chance of you coming into contact with the pins if you're careful on Intel is drastically lower than with AMD, due to them not being exposed. It also doesn't affect things when you're uninstalling the CPU cooler, unlike AMD where it can quite often stick to it, and you have to perform a janky twisting motion to free it.

Built 4 in the last two years; it definitely does make that sound when you clamp it down.

Of course I could just be very sensitive and making it sound worse than it does.

But you don't hear anything from the AMD boards.

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Built 4 in the last two years; it definitely does make that sound when you clamp it down.

Of course I could just be very sensitive and making it sound worse than it does.

But you don't hear anything from the AMD boards.

I'd take a simple sound over the other annoyances any day of the week.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I suspect AMD will eventually switch to LGA because it has an advantage in that it can hold more pins. Iirc the new connector is LGA1200 which is 1200 pins. Fitting 1200 pins on the bottom of a cpu would be difficult without LGA

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'd take a simple sound over the other annoyances any day of the week.

There's a lot of other reasons to criticize AMD - I think being PGA is on the bottom of that list though 

Pictures?

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

I only built a PC because AMD CPUs exist..  I looked at Intel coolers and just noped out every time lol...

The AMD coolers and chips are really easy to install, pretty smooth actually, the only thing that's slightly irritating is the 4 screws for the cooler, it's hard to say if they're tightened enough or not... kinda weird. But still ,it mostly just works, whereas intel... looks needlessly finniky and fragile.

On topic: we need pictures :o

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Jah bent some pins on my 1200 while delidding it. 

After bending the pins straight it took a few cpu reseats into the socket for a good post.

Have to push the cpu while closing the gate so it fully slides in. After discovering this helped, it posts every time I install it, of course I went and tried to straighten the pins a little straighter.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

There's a lot of other reasons to criticize AMD - I think being PGA is on the bottom of that list though 

It's right near the top of mine. Though, that's me assuming their memory compatibility has gotten better 😂

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's right near the top of mine. Though, that's me assuming their memory compatibility has gotten better 😂

lol. Yeah right.  (memory compatibility)

I don't like pins at all. They should be soldering these chips to the boards so nobody can ever damage their hardware. BGA I believe they call that. 

2 minutes ago, Lil_Uzi_Per-Vert2 said:

snip

Pins look pretty straight.

Maybe Clean the cpu pins and pcb and top side with a soft tooth brush and isotropy alcohol. 

Yeah looks like there's a ton of tim on the sides.

Is your socket dirty

12 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Yeah looks like there's a ton of tim on the sides.

Is your socket dirty

No

28 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Pins look pretty straight.

Maybe Clean the cpu pins and pcb and top side with a soft tooth brush and isotropy alcohol. 

Thats because I bent them all back, I don't wanna have tk take everhthing out again put it together then be disappointed and have to put it all away ill do that some other time

I'd bet it's broken.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |