Is the amd sapphire nitro plus supposed to be noisy?

Rorakz
Just now, BTGbullseye said:

I'm just giving extra ideas you may want for late on... You could also use a sound dampening filter structure. A cheap central AC air filter from a hardware store removed from its cardboard housing, and folded over once should produce a significant sound dampening with minimal airflow restriction. Can use it for both intake and exhaust.

I'll look in to it. In fact I was just googling "bitumen sound dampening material". :)

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

well if my PC is idle I don't hear it at all... it's right next to my bed too lol.

it's not 100% silent, no, but it's silent enough that it's honestly pretty much unnoticeable if you're like 1-2 m away...

I do have lots of fans in it actually, but 2 of them are *off* when idle, and the others tbh run at like 1000rpm (bequiet and noctua) I could lower them but I don't need to, PC is nearly inaudible already anyway, and since exhaust fan is off it's probably better for temps also (around 35-40C idle for*all* components currently)

but regardless, what you said makes sense and everyone has a different perception of noise anyway. :)

tbh thw noise on my gpu isnt damaging i could probably video it and post it here because it might just be normal and im overreacting

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

You could just add a layer of bitumen sound dampening material to the sides of the case... That's what the Antec P5 uses. It works well enough that unless your ear is against the side of the case, you can only hear sound coming through the vents.

could you send me a link of where to get those?

30 minutes ago, Rorakz said:

tbh thw noise on my gpu isnt damaging i could probably video it and post it here because it might just be normal and im overreacting

you probably are... but yes, that would work too.

A modern GPU at full or near full usage is pretty loud, it's just different perception perhaps. 

if you want a silent PC / GPU you could always water cool but even that makes "some" noise I suppose. (also water wet, no good for expensive PC parts but hey, no risk no fun, right, right? ;D)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Rorakz said:

could you send me a link of where to get those?

https://www.amazon.com/3M-08840-Sound-Deadening-1-pad/dp/B005RNGRMU

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-Automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B01KZ5X7KO/ref=psdc_15709561_t1_B005RNGRMU (this is the butyl alternative, less expensive)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms