Is the amd sapphire nitro plus supposed to be noisy?

Rorakz

I own a amd sapphire nitro plus, its cool but not very quiet. If this is normal or a problem with my fans please let me know, I have tried undervolting.

19 minutes ago, Rorakz said:

I own a amd sapphire nitro plus, its cool but not very quiet. If this is normal or a problem with my fans please let me know, I have tried undervolting.

Yea it's pretty normal, my wife has one and her rig and I would say it's loud as well.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

31 minutes ago, Rorakz said:

Which one? RX580? 5700XT?

I undervolt my 5700XT, 1.025v 1950MHz. Custom fan profile in MSI Afterburner, only requires 35% fan speed to keep the card running at 63C. It runs very quiet.

47 minutes ago, Deli said:

Which one? RX580? 5700XT?

5700xt

46 minutes ago, Deli said:

I undervolt my 5700XT, 1.025v 1950MHz. Custom fan profile in MSI Afterburner, only requires 35% fan speed to keep the card running at 63C. It runs very quiet.

can i do custom fan curve on radeon software?

9 minutes ago, Rorakz said:

an i do custom fan curve on radeon software?

5700xt nitro is the best interms of noise and temp

noise when 3 fans at idle?

remove each one by one and test again

saplhire has best fan service to replace a faulty fan

I had a 5500xt nitro+ it was neither loud nor hot nor powerful lol...

(still used up to 100w, oof)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

34 minutes ago, Deli said:

Yes, you can.

Yes you can, beating a Demon's Souls boss is easier however. :3

Spoiler

honestly I liked a lot of what they're going for with their UI (amd) even overclocking was surprisingly easy, but the dodgy fan control was not one of those things I liked lol...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

56 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

5700xt nitro is the best interms of noise and temp

noise when 3 fans at idle?

remove each one by one and test again

saplhire has best fan service to replace a faulty fan

The noise is dead silent at idle but is audible without headphones at like 509 RPM 1000 rpm for some reason is very audible

10 minutes ago, Rorakz said:

The noise is dead silent at idle but is audible without headphones at like 509 RPM 1000 rpm for some reason is very audible

That's weird, what case do you have?

I basically didn't hear my 5500xt at all (nearly) and rpms were about the same

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Have you downloaded the sapphire software that allows you to switch between the primary bios and secondary bios? The secondary bios is quieter so you might want to try that. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

22 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

corsair carbide 275r

21 hours ago, Bobbysixjp said:

Have you downloaded the sapphire software that allows you to switch between the primary bios and secondary bios? The secondary bios is quieter so you might want to try that. 

yes secondary bios isnt really any quiter :/

22 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

also i switched out the fans in that case for noctua fans if loud case fans is what your worried about

1 hour ago, Rorakz said:

also i switched out the fans in that case for noctua fans if loud case fans is what your worried about

nah, I didn't even think of that. I just asked because I noticed some cases are just kinda flimsy and made of thin materials.

like I had a nzxt case (for a week only) and I was rather surprised how "loud" it was, I could hear my CPU fans while idling, GPU seemed really noisy while gaming etc...

now my case's materials (metal obviously) are about twice as thick, of course noise cancelation will be much better, and less vibrations also... it's a much much more silent and ironically cooler experience than a "gamer" case like the nzxt (h510 was it)

So yeah, if you're annoyed by noises from your PC that's where I'd start... get a really sturdy, silent PC case (and that likely means not one with big openings at the front either, as that means more noise yet again...)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

nah, I didn't even think of that. I just asked because I noticed some cases are just kinda flimsy and made of thin materials.

like I had a nzxt case (for a week only) and I was rather surprised how "loud" it was, I could hear my CPU fans while idling, GPU seemed really noisy while gaming etc...

now my case's materials (metal obviously) are about twice as thick, of course noise cancelation will be much better, and less vibrations also... it's a much much more silent and ironically cooler experience than a "gamer" case like the nzxt (h510 was it)

So yeah, if you're annoyed by noises from your PC that's where I'd start... get a really sturdy, silent PC case (and that likely means not one with big openings at the front either, as that means more noise yet again...)

My case materials are metal aswell, I dont really have vibrations for the most part its just the fan, do you think my fans are faulty? I only just recently built this pc anyway.

1 minute ago, Rorakz said:

My case materials are metal aswell, I dont really have vibrations for the most part its just the fan, do you think my fans are faulty? I only just recently built this pc anyway.

I'm just saying most .. pc cases... have really thin materials to save costs or whatever... at least most low-mediun cost ones. 

it's basic physics, the thicker the material the less noise can go through. I can't possibly know how thick the materials of your case are , or if your fans are defective, I'm just suggesting to look for a "possibly" better case as in my experience it makes a *huge* difference.

btw I only bought my case (inwin) because I liked the looks, I couldn't really know that it's a pretty silent and sturdy case at all, but in hindsight it really is, and it wasn't that expensive either .

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

My way to keep the PC quiet is always run as many fans as possible, but at very slow speed. Especially I prefer SFF case now. There is no "sound optimised" SFF case.

9 minutes ago, Deli said:

My way to keep the PC quiet is always run as many fans as possible, but at very slow speed. Especially I prefer SFF case now. There is no "sound optimised" SFF case.

well if my PC is idle I don't hear it at all... it's right next to my bed too lol.

it's not 100% silent, no, but it's silent enough that it's honestly pretty much unnoticeable if you're like 1-2 m away...

I do have lots of fans in it actually, but 2 of them are *off* when idle, and the others tbh run at like 1000rpm (bequiet and noctua) I could lower them but I don't need to, PC is nearly inaudible already anyway, and since exhaust fan is off it's probably better for temps also (around 35-40C idle for*all* components currently)

but regardless, what you said makes sense and everyone has a different perception of noise anyway. :)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Deli said:

You could just add a layer of bitumen sound dampening material to the sides of the case... That's what the Antec P5 uses. It works well enough that unless your ear is against the side of the case, you can only hear sound coming through the vents.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Just now, BTGbullseye said:

You could just add a layer of bitumen sound dampening material to the sides of the case... That's what the Antec P5 uses. It works well enough that unless your ear is against the side of the case, you can only hear sound coming through the vents.

But my PC is quiet enough. I mean case manufacturers make those sound optimised cases with solid front panel. Although it helps reducing noise, but hinders cooling performance at the same time. Now the new trend is open front mesh panel to aid cooling.

I prefer the solution of better ventilation and overkill cooling. That way, you can keep the fans at very slow speed while maintaining good temp.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

But my PC is quiet enough. I mean case manufacturers make those sound optimised cases with solid front panel. Although it helps reducing noise, but hinders cooling performance at the same time. Now the new trend is open front mesh panel to aid cooling.

I prefer the solution of better ventilation and overkill cooling. That way, you can keep the fans at very slow speed while maintaining good temp.

I'm just giving extra ideas you may want for late on... You could also use a sound dampening filter structure. A cheap central AC air filter from a hardware store removed from its cardboard housing, and folded over once should produce a significant sound dampening with minimal airflow restriction. Can use it for both intake and exhaust.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms