Replacement for Razer Kraken 7.1s

Acrain7

My Kraken 7.1s are beyond the grave at this point and i'm wondering what y'all would recommend to replace them? i tried the Kitty Edition ones and the sound quality was awful, as was the microphone, and while it could have been a lemon the lack of gold plating on the usb and thinner cable makes me think they're simply of lesser quality than they used to be... Any suggestions?

You should drift away from these usb "gaming" headsets. You could get a pair of studio headphones that are actually good.

I use the DT 990 pros 250 ohm which are open back. But they require an amp to get the most out of them. The DT 770 pros (80ohm) are closed back but have pretty good soundstage for closed back. The imaging is perfect for gaming as well. Pair this headphone with a modmic 4 uni and you are golden. There are other options out there but I just love beyers build quality and sound signature.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

You should drift away from these usb "gaming" headsets. You could get a pair of studio headphones that are actually good.

I use the DT 990 pros 250 ohm which are open back. But they require an amp to get the most out of them. The DT 770 pros (80ohm) are closed back but have pretty good soundstage for closed back. The imaging is perfect for gaming as well. Pair this headphone with a modmic 4 uni and you are golden. There are other options out there but I just love beyers build quality and sound signature.

how much does your total audio setup cost?

Just now, Genericplane said:

how much does your total audio setup cost?

My sound blaster AE-9 is pretty overkill. It is around 300 dollars. The DT 990's are 130 dollars ish. And I have a cheap XLR mic paired with my AE-9.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

You can get the sound blaster G6 instead. Similar performance just 100 dollars

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

In total that's coming in at around 250-300$ depending on the microphone, and while it sounds like a killer audio setup, it might be a bit overkill for my needs, i think.

Just now, Genericplane said:

In total that's coming in at around 250-300$ depending on the microphone, and while it sounds like a killer audio setup, it might be a bit overkill for my needs, i think.

I forgot to mention. The beyerdynamic tygrs are open back and are 32 ohm which are easily drivable without an amp. That with the modmic 4 uni is really good.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

I forgot to mention. The beyerdynamic tygrs are open back and are 32 ohm which are easily drivable without an amp. That with the modmic 4 uni is really good.

that comes in at a reasonable 200$ or so, much more enticing. how good are they at blocking out/ overpowering background noise?

2 hours ago, Genericplane said:

that comes in at a reasonable 200$ or so, much more enticing. how good are they at blocking out/ overpowering background noise?

You can also get the samson sr850 headphones they are really really good headphone and at a wonderfull price. They sound like headphones many times the price.