Requirements for 1440p and 144/240hz monitor

Rexx

Hi, im looking for a new monitor for my setup and ive been looking into higher resolution monitors. What gpu is recommended for gaming at 1440p with 144/240hz? At the moment i have a nvidia RTX 2070.

Start with the GPU you already have and if the games you are playing aren't doing well at the graphics settings you prefer, upgrade then.

What games do you play most, and at what settings?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Tanks for the answer, right now im mostly palying league of legends (at max settings), but also more heaviers games like call of duty mordern warfare.

Is there any good 1440p 144/240hz monitors you can recommend?

Your 2070 will do just fine. Obviously not all games at max settings but most games will run above 100FPS at 1440p if you tweak the settings.

144Hz is the sweetspot since most AAA games wont run above 200fps due to cpu limitations

but if you can get 240Hz with g-sync(compatible) that isnt priced too different, then that's good too

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 minutes ago, Rexx said:

Tanks for the answer, right now im mostly palying league of legends (at max settings), but also more heaviers games like call of duty mordern warfare.

Is there any good 1440p 144/240hz monitors you can recommend?

COD MW can probably handle medium/high on a 2070 no problem.

monitor recommendations really depend on your budget, because you can get different panel types and sizes and all that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad