Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingocd

Looking for Headphones for both gaming and outdoor use

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I am looking for a new headphones now that my Razer Krakens are literally falling apart on my head. I am searching for a good pair that is preferably wireless and can be used for gaming/web surfing comfortably for 5+ hours a day.

I have a few in mind, here is a list with prices:

Bose qc35ii with an external mic : $320

Sony wh1000xm3 with an external mic : $250

Beats studio3 wireless with an external mic: $120 (Is currently absurdly cheap here)

Logitech g pro X wireless: $220

Razer Nari Ultimate : $220 (interested in the gimmick)

Audio Technica ATH ADG1X : $250 

I loved the sound of my Krakens a lot more than my in ears (sennheiser street ii and cx300) but I havent tried anything other than Ath adg1x, which I loved the sound of, but I dont think I can use them outside. I live alone tho, so in house use is not a problem.

Beats is also very very cheap, and I can buy an additional headset for gaming with it, if that is something you would recommend.

The less I spend the better, but I am willing to spend 300+ if it benefits me more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanting something for gaming and outside use is like saying you need a car for off-roading and racing at the same time. Most of the ones you suggested are either really good at one of the categories or not really at any. I would take the Sony WH1000XM3, because they're good at noise canceling and the sound quality is also really good. You might have some latency issues with them when gaming, since there's a lot of post processing going on due to additional audio processing associated with noise canceling.

 

I would just get some small in-ears for outside (maybe the Sony WF1000XM3) and wired gaming headset for inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

gaming with typical wireless headphones is generally a bad Idea. Latency and technechalities are not up to par as things like soundstage and imaging typically go out the window. Its best you try to get the best of both world by buying 2 headphones one bluetooth and one for gaming use. whether it be wireless or wired.  


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

12 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Wanting something for gaming and outside use is like saying you need a car for off-roading and racing at the same time. Most of the ones you suggested are either really good at one of the categories or not really at any. I would take the Sony WH1000XM3, because they're good at noise canceling and the sound quality is also really good. You might have some latency issues with them when gaming, since there's a lot of post processing going on due to additional audio processing associated with noise canceling.

 

I would just get some small in-ears for outside (maybe the Sony WF1000XM3) and wired gaming headset for inside.

 

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

gaming with typical wireless headphones is generally a bad Idea. Latency and technechalities are not up to par as things like soundstage and imaging typically go out the window. Its best you try to get the best of both world by buying 2 headphones one bluetooth and one for gaming use. whether it be wireless or wired.  

I would be using them with a cable for gaming, to eliminate latency.

 

How is beats for $120? Linus said it was very bad in his video, but he reviewed it when it was $350. I can buy it for 1/3rd of that. Also leaves me with enough room for a decent gaming headset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingocd said:

 

 

I would be using them with a cable for gaming, to eliminate latency.

 

How is beats for $120? Linus said it was very bad in his video, but he reviewed it when it was $350. I can buy it for 1/3rd of that. Also leaves me with enough room for a decent gaming headset.

I haven't had any experience with them, but I can tell you that Linus likes a very flat sound profile. If they're very base heavy or don't sound clear at all frequencies, there's a good chance he would bash on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingocd said:

 

 

I would be using them with a cable for gaming, to eliminate latency.

 

How is beats for $120? Linus said it was very bad in his video, but he reviewed it when it was $350. I can buy it for 1/3rd of that. Also leaves me with enough room for a decent gaming headset.

Its still pretty bad. the only decent beats IMO are the solo line and even then I can think of cheaper headphones I would much prefer to listen to. also wired bluetooth headphones sound significantly more awful when wired there are a few exceptions like the audeze mobius , drop Panda according to folks who have tried them, and the hifiman Deva. 


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×