Need help choosing between these monitors (C32JG50 - AOC 32G2E - TUF 27WQ)

Fatty

Hi everyone.

i built my pc last year (Rx 580 - Ryzen 2600 - 16gb) but I am still using an old 24 inch Samsung tv as my monitor, and i want to upgrade.

I am currently eyeing these 3 monitors

1- Samsung C32JG50

32 Inch

1440P

144hz

4ms

NO free-sync / G-sync

2- AOC CQ32G2E

32 Inch

1440P

144hz

1ms

free-sync only

3- ASUS TUF VG27WQ

27 Inch

1440P

165hz

1ms (MPRT)

free-sync only

The asus seems best on paper, however its 25% MORE expensive than the other 2 in my country, the Samsung and the AOC are the same exact price.

I also would like to get your opinion on weather 32 inch is too much for PC, and if 27 is best, also lower ppi 92 for 32 inch @ 1440P

The third option, ASUS TUF would be my choice. If it does free-sync, it also does G-sync because Nvidia supports in driver settings. 1440p's max resolution I would go with is 27 inches. 32 looks worse than a 27inch 1080p screen. 1500R curve is subtle enough, won't bother you. 1800R is already quite a bit.. Glad you didn't choose that.

Look up reviews of the ASUS TUF model on youtube, you wanna know how good the panel actually is in terms of response times - so that you know weather it's even able to refresh at 165hz. If there's too much ghosting or overshoot.. then either run it at lower refresh rate or buy a different monitor. But I don't know since I haven't looked up any reviews. I hope it's good though :)

8 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

The third option, ASUS TUF would be my choice. If it does free-sync, it also does G-sync because Nvidia supports in driver settings. 1440p's max resolution I would go with is 27 inches. 32 looks worse than a 27inch 1080p screen. 1500R curve is subtle enough, won't bother you. 1800R is already quite a bit.. Glad you didn't choose that.

Look up reviews of the ASUS TUF model on youtube, you wanna know how good the panel actually is in terms of response times - so that you know weather it's even able to refresh at 165hz. If there's too much ghosting or overshoot.. then either run it at lower refresh rate or buy a different monitor. But I don't know since I haven't looked up any reviews. I hope it's good though :)

Is 32 inch @ 1440P that bad? would the text/icons be blurry and have visible pixels?

I thought the 32 inch would look "cool" in gaming because of the big size (compared to my current 24 inch at least)

1 minute ago, Fatty said:

Is 32 inch @ 1440P that bad? would the text/icons be blurry and have visible pixels?

I thought the 32 inch would look "cool" in gaming because of the big size (compared to my current 24 inch at least)

It would be sub optimal to say the least. 91 ppi (pixel per inch) - which is very low. You would most certainly see every single pixel. Big monitors aren't really good for gaming, because you have to turn your head too much to keep track on what's on screen. I wouldn't recommend more than 24 inches for competitive gaming, and 27 for optimal all around experience. I speak from experience. There's a reason 240hz and 300hz monitors are mainly 1080p 24inch.