35 Anniversary Super Mario on Game & Watch

tridy

Summary

Get your hands on a new piece of Super Mario™ history with a collectible Game & Watch system for a limited time!  Coming November 13

Quotes

The original Game & Watch device came out in Japan in 1980 and was the first handheld gaming system created by Nintendo. Now you can get your hands on a new piece of history with a special Game & Watch that includes the original Super Mario Bros. game, a digital clock, and more.

header-hardware-2xa.jpg.43a80c5244d08554cf74f43296320cb8.jpg

My thoughts

I have seen it for pre-order in Sweden, it is around 70 Euros.

8 hours playtime, 3.5 hours charge. Do you think this one will have a removable battery? :) How about time sync? I mean in 2020 one should not be adjusting any gadget to the summer/winter time manually, I think. It could be a nice collectible and I hope it will be hacked to be able to put other games into it as well. I hope it will have a more battery merciful mode so you would not have to charge it every couple of days when it is working as a watch. 

Sources

https://gameandwatch.nintendo.com/

Here comes another product where people will fight tough and nail to get, scalpers will do everything in their power to make a quick buck, and in the end the hype will die within a month and no one cares anymore. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

13 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Here comes another product where people will fight tough and nail to get, scalpers will do everything in their power to make a quick buck, and in the end the hype will die within a month and no one cares anymore. 

Doubtful. The NES and SNES mini's were at best crappy ARM SoC boards inside a shell that looks like a mini version of the original console with controllers that work with it.

This is more of a throwback, and it plays exactly one game, at the price of a new game. So unless you really want this beyond it's collectability, it's not offering anything you can't get already in multiple forms.

Like at this point, I expect people to buy it just to figure out how to flash the memory on the device to include every NES game ever.

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Yea but I still want one.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This was pre-sold out within like 15min in Australia at every store. I missed out 3 times :/