Chrome browser lag on XPS 15 9570?

For about as long as I can remember, I've had issues with Google Chrome lagging on my laptop. I have tried all of the generic advice out there online like reinstalling, disabling hardware acceleration, smooth scrolling. Incognito mode is barely any faster, so I doubt it has anything to do with my Chrome extensions. Other browsers work just fine. It is only Chrome. I haven't noticed anything unusual about hardware usage. Chrome isn't pegging the cpu or hogging the ram any more than one would usually expect. Also, Chrome runs much better on my old i5 4690k build, so I doubt it has anything to do with hardware, but here are the specs on my Dell XPS 15 9570:

Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.20 GHz (4 GHz turbo)

GTX 1050 Ti max q

16 GB DDR4 @ 2667 MHz

(4k 15 inch display)

I think I included all of the relevant details, but feel free to let me know if y'all need to know anything else. I'm super curious if y'all have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: it is worth noting, the lag is not "uniform." For example, lttstore.com lags a lot worse than linustechtips.com, but there is no evidence that my hardware resources are unable to keep up with more lively webpages.

Have you tried uninstalling Chrome and installing the 64bit version? Might be worth a shot.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Have you tried uninstalling Chrome and installing the 64bit version? Might be worth a shot.

I should already be on the 64 bit version. According to Chrome, I'm on Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit).

17 minutes ago, kxrider85 said:

I should already be on the 64 bit version. According to Chrome, I'm on Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Hmm. Do you have any extensions running? If so, disable all of them and then one by one renable them while testing stability.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Hmm. Do you have any extensions running? If so, disable all of them and then one by one renable them while testing stability.

I've tried this, as well as running in incognito mode (which runs chrome in a more basic extension-free mode). I have the same extensions on my other computer, which has not had issues.