custom loop

planning a new build with a friends with a custom loop

its a 3950X, x570 viii formula and 3090 build

going for a loop like this

pump>rad>cpu>rad>mb>rad>gpu>rad>pump

you think its ok? maybe overkill?

all 4 rads are 480MM rads

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

check the FAQ's .

This is like asking if you should mod a car to have 8 wheels instead of 4 ridiculous...

You can totally do it if you want to waste a bunch of money but its WAY overkill and also the order of the components makes no difference.

9 hours ago, Shimejii said:

This makes literally no sense. You dont need 4 480 Rads, even 2 would be MORE then enough. 

7 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

Overkill 1000%

7 hours ago, Lipe123 said:

check the FAQ's .

This is like asking if you should mod a car to have 8 wheels instead of 4 ridiculous...

You can totally do it if you want to waste a bunch of money but its WAY overkill and also the order of the components makes no difference.

like i said, this pc is for a friend and he wants the top of the top.

i told him that even 2 360s would be insane but he wants that overkill

his budget is 10k.

told him that he could build a beast in less then half but he said that he saved alot and he want this pc for the next 10 years or so, with gpu upgrades when needed.

he has 2 4k monitors

he also wants the corsair 1000D.

told him to go for the lian li o11 since the 1000D is overkill and too big and it would be half empty so he just told me to put 4 480mm rads in.....

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

2 hours ago, HardStroke said:

like i said, this pc is for a friend and he wants the top of the top.

i told him that even 2 360s would be insane but he wants that overkill

his budget is 10k.

told him that he could build a beast in less then half but he said that he saved alot and he want this pc for the next 10 years or so, with gpu upgrades when needed.

he has 2 4k monitors

he also wants the corsair 1000D.

told him to go for the lian li o11 since the 1000D is overkill and too big and it would be half empty so he just told me to put 4 480mm rads in.....

A PC with four 480mm rad water loop would be heavier than a refrigerator. You will need Dwayne Johnson to move it. When you have to do maintenance, it'll be a pain in the back side.

It's okay and it's overkill. But it's okay, so if you want to, why not? You can also rent the left over space in the 1000D for 600 pounds a month to a student in London struggling the find accomodation.

54 minutes ago, Deli said:

A PC with four 480mm rad water loop would be heavier than a refrigerator. You will need Dwayne Johnson to move it. When you have to do maintenance, it'll be a pain in the back side.

yeah he is moving refrigerators at his job so its not a problem

4 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Now I know moving refrigerators can make a lot of money.

17 hours ago, HardStroke said:

you think its ok? maybe overkill?

Bro, you asked... don't complain about the answers :P 

5 hours ago, HardStroke said:

Never met anyone whose job is moving refrigerators who can splash 10k on a system before.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

23 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Never met anyone whose job is moving refrigerators who can splash 10k on a system before.

he told me he has been saving for a long time and worked in a couple of jobs