Cheapest storage drive?

The Torrent

I thought 2.5inch ide drives would be cheap but 500gb sata drives are cheaper than 60gb ide drives...

something small. Something cheap. Must be at least about 80mbps speed over usb would suffice no garbage little flash drives then.

i can see 500gb sata drives 2.5inch on eBay. Anything to beat that?

(I need it for downloading 100% legitimate films on to)

I personally avoid eBay when possible.  I have had bad experiences with used drives.  There are people who have a nasty habit of selling “about to die” drives used just before they completely die.  Any computer part that can wear, basically. This includes PSUs.  There are some very cheap small SSDs out there.  I recall a review of a “fat pidgeon” or something that turned out to be decent.  The conventional wisdom was “any ssd that has cache” is generally usable.  The ones that didn’t had wear problems.  There now appear to be exceptions to this though.

If you’re willing to buy new my personal move in this situation would be to go to PcPartPicker.com, choose “storage” and then “filter” lowest prices first.
doing that for USA I’m seeing a 60gb sunbow T3 for $13.99, followed by a 320gb western digital av-gp for $14.99

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.