Drop THX Panda's crapped out hours after unboxing - Any tips?

FlpDaMattress

So after 9 months of waiting I finally got my THX Panda's in my hands, they sounded absolutely incredible... for the first few hours I owned them. Unfortunately after a few hours of use they refuse to power on or charge. I still get the charging LED, but that's about it. Plugging them into my PC via usb (type A to type C) They recognize as an audio device but are quiet and with loads of feedback

unknown.png.8d884372f8cc2692a82a22aa668f3bd8.png                               20200919_182438.jpg.6440eae133e24a99ba5bf86ed2eee9b8.jpg

I've tried a variety of different chargers and cables, but can't get get any other life. I've reached out to Drop.com for a potential RMA but haven't gotten a response. And of course because they're so new I can't find any threads relating to troubleshooting. Any tips?

11 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

So after 9 months of waiting I finally got my THX Panda's in my hands, they sounded absolutely incredible... for the first few hours I owned them. Unfortunately after a few hours of use they refuse to power on or charge. I still get the charging LED, but that's about it. Plugging them into my PC via usb (type A to type C) They recognize as an audio device but are quiet and with loads of feedback

unknown.png.8d884372f8cc2692a82a22aa668f3bd8.png                               20200919_182438.jpg.6440eae133e24a99ba5bf86ed2eee9b8.jpg

I've tried a variety of different chargers and cables, but can't get get any other life. I've reached out to Drop.com for a potential RMA but haven't gotten a response. And of course because they're so new I can't find any threads relating to troubleshooting. Any tips?

you pretty much seem to have done all you can do. hope for the best if nothing works make a reddit thread complainign tweet to them make some forum posts on other audio forums. Drop has a pretty ok return policy within the US and their customer service is ok to pretty awful. 

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

you pretty much seem to have done all you can do. hope for the best if nothing works make a reddit thread complainign tweet to them make some forum posts on other audio forums. Drop has a pretty ok return policy within the US and their customer service is ok to pretty awful. 

Can't say I didn't expect to run into issues with a first run product, But I love spending almost $400 and waiting 9 months to be a beta tester. I've tweeted at them and reached out on indigogo (where i've had the most luck hearing back from them). Today has not been a good day.

1 minute ago, FlpDaMattress said:

Can't say I didn't expect to run into issues with a first run product, But I love spending almost $400 and waiting 9 months to be a beta tester. I've tweeted at them and reached out on indigogo (where i've had the most luck hearing back from them). Today has not been a good day.

It's a trend with drop and massdrop most massdrop original products that are in the electronics space tend to have an issue or two on the first few runs. Usually just build issue not something this dramatic. I would make a Reddit post or headfi post and see who else is having the problem