Should i buy this pc?

OOF97

I would like to be able run games like minecraft, apex legends, and maybe warzone. Thanks :)

Thats a nice budget PC that allows upgrade room, I would say go for it! When you need more power you can drop in a GPU

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

you'll be better off paying 24 usd per month for XSS

since a 3200g integrated graphics won't let you play apex legends and warzone (or at least not the same level as XSS)

Go for at least a 1TB 2nd drive, 240gb is not going to be enough if that's your main rig.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

2 hours ago, WY6 said:

Thats a nice budget PC that allows upgrade room, I would say go for it! When you need more power you can drop in a GPU

ok thanks

2 hours ago, YsGrandi said:

you'll be better off paying 24 usd per month for XSS

since a 3200g integrated graphics won't let you play apex legends and warzone (or at least not the same level as XSS)

well i kind of need a computer for school and other things not just gaming

2 hours ago, TheJooomes said:

Go for at least a 1TB 2nd drive, 240gb is not going to be enough if that's your main rig.

yeah i will once i save up more money :) thanks for the suggestion

9 minutes ago, OOF97 said:

well i kind of need a computer for school and other things not just gaming

in that case get it

but you have another choice

you can buy an old 4th gen intel prebuilt from ebay for 100 to 150 usd and get a low profile gtx 1650

you'll have better gaming performance but that will lock you to a very old intel platform

something like this but with 1650 instead of 1030

but will be noisier than the ryzen build

If money is that tight I really would make a few changes.

Budget PCs do not need 16 GB RAM. You'll be fine with 8 GB. Your motherboard has 4 RAM slots so just buy 2x4 and if you ever want 16 GB you can buy another set of 2x4 and upgrade to 16.

Since this is really budget I would also just try to get a much cheaper case. I checked and there are some that cost half. They aren't fancy but at a budget I think it is important to focus on the important parts. If you make these changes you could possibly free up money for a better CPU.

So for example the 3400 costs $45 more but gives you a lot more FPS as you can see below. If you get a cheaper case and slash the RAM in half you'll be able to get more performance for the same cost

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XP6qqs/amd-ryzen-5-3400g-37-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3400c5fhbox

Ryzen 3 3200G Graphics Performance Chart

5 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Budget PCs do not need 16 GB RAM. You'll be fine with 8 GB. Your motherboard has 4 RAM slots so just buy 2x4 and if you ever want 16 GB you can buy another set of 2x4 and upgrade to 16.

Since this is really budget I would also just try to get a much cheaper case. I checked and there are some that cost half. They aren't fancy but at a budget I think it is important to focus on the important parts. If you make these changes you could possibly free up money for a better CPU.

So for example the 3400 costs $45 more but gives you a lot more FPS as you can see below. If you get a cheaper case and slash the RAM in half you'll be able to get more performance for the same cost

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XP6qqs/amd-ryzen-5-3400g-37-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3400c5fhbox

I would agree with this, you can always get more RAM/nicer case in the future

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

9 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Thank you :)

the cheapest 8gb kit i can find is 40 dollars and the cheapest 16 kit is 50 should i still get 8 gigs?

14 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

here are the changes i have made to this pc so far