Wires/plugs for the RTX 3080

DankDoodles
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
8 minutes ago, PugsAreAdorable said:

Oh shit my bad, I thought I added not doing whatever Nivida's solution is... ack

Right, okay.

The cable in Jayz video is specifically for EVGA's 750+ PSUs. If you have one of those, you can buy it directly from EVGA (when they're back in stock)

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-NK-3000-B9

Seasonic has announced one and I believe they'll give you one if you've bought a 30 series card with the 12 pin connector (obviously, provided you have a supported PSU). I can't find where you can buy it on its own though. 

I'd assume @CableMod has something in the works to go from PSU direct to 12 pin without an adaptor. If you let them know your PSU model they'll likely be able to tell you if they've got something on the way for your PSU.

Where can I get a 12-pin plug to 2 8-pin plugs? I am 100% NOT doing whatever Nivida's ugly solution is but I have no idea where to get the wire that JayTwoCents showed off

Edited by PugsAreAdorable
NOT

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you're buying the founders edition, it comes with the adaptor.

By adaptor I am assuming you mean this ugly thing?

image.png.1a1377974dbc45508704a70ccb2bb757.png

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yes.

I did say that "I am 100% doing whatever Nivida's ugly solution" because I will not use that ugly adapter.

Looking for how to get a 12-pin to 2 8-pin plug... :/

Just now, PugsAreAdorable said:

I did say that "I am 100% doing whatever Nivida's ugly solution" because I will not use that ugly adapter.

Looking for how to get a 12-pin to 2 8-pin plug... :/

What? You've just said you're doing Nvidia's solution, then said you're not doing it?

That adaptor is the 12 pin to 2x8pin plug. 

If you mean you want a 12 pin connector straight from the PSU, you'll need to buy a new PSU when they start coming with them as standard as any current ones just come with an adaptor similar to Nvidia's solution. I'm not aware of any PSUs that have a 12pin connector that's not an adaptor right now.

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What? You've just said you're doing Nvidia's solution, then said you're not doing it?

That adaptor is the 12 pin to 2x8pin plug. 

If you mean you want a 12 pin connector straight from the PSU, you'll need to buy a new PSU when they start coming with them as standard as any current ones just come with an adaptor similar to Nvidia's solution. I'm not aware of any PSUs that have a 12pin connector that's not an adaptor right now.

Oh shit my bad, I thought I added not doing whatever Nivida's solution is... ack
Updated the forum so it says that now, sorry about that

8 minutes ago, PugsAreAdorable said:

Right, okay.

The cable in Jayz video is specifically for EVGA's 750+ PSUs. If you have one of those, you can buy it directly from EVGA (when they're back in stock)

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-NK-3000-B9

Seasonic has announced one and I believe they'll give you one if you've bought a 30 series card with the 12 pin connector (obviously, provided you have a supported PSU). I can't find where you can buy it on its own though. 

I'd assume @CableMod has something in the works to go from PSU direct to 12 pin without an adaptor. If you let them know your PSU model they'll likely be able to tell you if they've got something on the way for your PSU.

@PugsAreAdorable @Oshino Shinobu we will be doing these cables in extensions and replacement cables alike. They're currently in the works (I don't have an exact date for launch) but we will have an announcement once they go live. :)

12_pin_micro_fit.jpg