Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrey17

New PC freezes

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi there, 

So today I built a new pc, for the first time ever. 
I got a new case,

motherboard - tuf gaming b550 plus 

cpu - ryzen 3700x

power supply - evga 750w

ram - tforce ddr4 delta tuf gaming 8gbx2 

The only thing I used from my old pc is Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb graphics card. 

I think I followed all the instructions well and assembled everything correctly. 
But now my pc randomly freezes. And I have no idea why, or how to fix it. And it is very upsetting. 
I would really appreciate some help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

temps?

gpu and cpu info? (clock speeds, usage, modifications)

how old is this gpu, and is its drivers up to date?


PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

temps?

gpu and cpu info? (clock speeds, usage, modifications)

how old is this gpu, and is its drivers up to date?

I tried to see just know, and it froze again. I cannot do anything. 
I had to forcefully restart it. And it freezes again when I try to do something 

the gpu is about a year old. I got it with the pre built pc 

The cpu temperature is between 40 and 50C

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrey17 said:

I tried to see just know, and it froze again. I cannot do anything. 
I had to forcefully restart it. And it freezes again when I try to do something 

the gpu is about a year old. I got it with the pre built pc 

The cpu temperature is between 40 and 50C

 

try over and under clocking the gpu. also, does it freeze under load or just when it feels like it?


PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Just randomly. Pretty much as soon as I try to run any application it just stop working.

I don’t even run games. 
Like last time I just tried to open google chrome and it froze 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

try over and under clocking the gpu. also, does it freeze under load or just when it feels like it?

Could it be windows problem?

I didn’t not instal it from scratch, i just put an ssd from my old pc with windows on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andrey17 said:

Could it be windows problem?

I didn’t not instal it from scratch, i just put an ssd from my old pc with windows on it. 

Always better a fresh Windows install if you switch from intel to AMD or vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Deli said:

Always better a fresh Windows install if you switch from intel to AMD or vice versa.

I reinstalled windows and i think everything works just fine now!

thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×