80 plus gold and bronze

Hello guys one question 

What it means for example 80 plus bronze vs 80 plus gold what is the gold and bronze ?? What is better ? Thanks 

It is an efficienty rating, the more worth the metal the more efficient the PSU.

Screenshot_39.png

https://appuals.com/gold-vs-bronze-psu/

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, KappaGod23 said:

Hello guys one question 

What it means for example 80 plus bronze vs 80 plus gold what is the gold and bronze ?? What is better ? Thanks 

Gold is "better", however, the difference is quite minimal tbh. You're talking 5% between Bronze and Gold.
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/blog/80-plus-platinum-what-does-it-mean-and-what-is-the-benefit-to-me

those standard are just for power efficiency

if you want what is safe to use with your budget check psu tier list

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

It is an efficienty rating, the more worth the metal the more efficient the PSU.

Screenshot_39.png

https://appuals.com/gold-vs-bronze-psu/

So that it means that the materials is better right ? For example a gold efficiency and a titanium efficiency of course the titanium have better materials ? 

And if something happens with the electricity the titanium for example from the gold is more safer ? For your system ? 

5 minutes ago, KappaGod23 said:

So that it means that the materials is better right ? For example a gold efficiency and a titanium efficiency of course the titanium have better materials ? 

And if something happens with the electricity the titanium for example from the gold is more safer ? For your system ? 

No, nothing like that. Its just about how much of the power it pulls from the wall is put into the system instead of turned into heat.

80Plus titanium doesnt mean it has better hardware per se. (Turns out to achieve that rating a PSU does need better hardware so kinda yes kinda no).
And as for safety, no they can be the same amount of safety, but also same as previous sentence. Altho differences are very slim.

If you want a really good PSU look in the PSU tier list and get as high as a tier PSU you can get (or afford).

12 minutes ago, KappaGod23 said:

80+ Gold, Bronze only refer to the efficiency. You can use crappy low quality components to build a PSU that's 80+ Gold, but it will blow up after one month.

2 minutes ago, none77 said:

Look at the sticky.

Uhm you mean the sticky i have placed on my monitor that tells me to stay patient with people?

2 hours ago, KappaGod23 said:

What is better ?

Efficiency is how much power the psu draws from the wall to supply the needed power for the pc, the difference isn't huge so getting an over all better psu instead of aiming for efficiency is a better choice. 

Efficiency has nothing to do with quality btw, there are terrible 80+ gold psu's and amazing 80+ bronze psu's. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Uhm you mean the sticky i have placed on my monitor that tells me to stay patient with people?

The post that was stack above your post.

Sticky- posts that stay allways on the top, from the word stick, you need another explanation?

17 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Efficiency is how much power the psu draws from the wall to supply the needed power for the pc, the difference isn't huge so getting an over all better psu instead of aiming for efficiency is a better choice. 

Efficiency has nothing to do with quality btw, there are terrible 80+ gold psu's and amazing 80+ bronze psu's. 

That not what efficiency is.

Let's say your PC needs 325wDC load.

On a 650w Bronze PSU, in order to supply 325wDC, it will need to draw 382.35wAC from the wall. 325 / 0.85 = ~382.35

On a Gold unit, it will draw 366.11wAC. So a gold unit would produce less heat and save you a bit on your electricity bill.

Now there's a ways to improved efficiency that aren't necessarily would consider to be "better quality". Like a PSU can have shorter cables and no modularity. They could also used an "Active Clamp Reset Forward" as it primary topology which is often used to improved efficiency in budget units; however, the topology inherently exhibit higher ripple that the secondary caps needs to deal with, doesn't handle transient loads very well, and if you used a group-regulated design, it will yield poor voltage regulation across its load range.

This is why I have no problem using an old Antec Signature 650w (bronze unit) over a Antec Earthwatt 650w Platinum.

1 hour ago, none77 said:

That not what efficiency is.

what? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: