Looking to upgrade!

Budget (including currency): $540 USD (8.000.000 IDR)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly R6Siege, Valorant, (CP2077 maybe), Apex Legends, Star Citizen, and a little bit of video and photo editing.

Other details:

Here's my current spec:

- i5-4460 with a Deepcool Alta

- Gigabyte G1 Sniper B5

- 4x4GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz

- Palit GTX 1060 3GB

- Seasonic S12III 550w Bronze

- M.2 SATA NVME 128GB (I used an adapter from PCIe for this lol)

- SATA 3 Toshiba SSD 120GB

- SATA 3 WD Blue 1TB

- Cheap chinese case with ok airflow

Generally when I'm playing games I have CPU Throttling, micro stutters and some games just don't like to run 100+FPS for me which I need to because I'm using a 144hz Monitor. 

Siege runs ok but it almost always dip to 60fps, Valorant just having an absurd amount of micro-stuttering, Apex is way worse with frames going as low as 50fps, and Star Citizen is... Star Citizen and runs at like 20fps... which is what I have to bear with right now lol

I'm really aiming for at least 120+ FPS average on Competitive games like Siege, and Apex. For Star Citizen, hitting 60fps would be godspeed lol (although I doubt it since the game's optimization is trash and I'd be happy enough sitting at an average 30fps there.)

My plans for the upgrades:

- Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooling probably)

- AsRock B450M-HDV

- INNO3D GTX 1660 Super 6GB

- 2x8GB DDR4 Team T-Force Z Alpha 3200Mhz

Totals up to IDR 7,600,000 or about $515 USD. I'm spending the last bit on a new keyboard probably.

A friend recommended me a 3600 instead but without the graphics card and another one recommended an Asus Prime B450.. Really though I don't know anymore for now.. So any help towards the planned upgrade would be greatly appreciated!

P.S: Online Classes start at the 29th so I'd be needing to buy the parts before that. Cheers!

Right so I looked at an alternative to Intel which I got the following upgrades:

- i5-9400F (Probably re-using the ALTA Cooler)

- MSI H310M Pro-M2

- INNO3D GTX 1660 Super 6GB

- 2x8GB DDR4 Geil Potenza 2666Mhz

Would this option be better than the first one? It saves up about 15$ from the first build. Which then I can allocate to a better keyboard I guess.

When you say “without graphics card did he mean “keep the 1060”? 3600 has no apu.  It literally has to have a discrete gpu to function. 
1060 is a 1080p card, more or less. 2600 is 6/12 instead of 4/4 but I’m not sure if it’s actually faster in single thread or not.  It’s a twitchy issue.  A 3600 would be both 6/12 and faster in single thread.  I’m wondering if the 3100 or 3300 are available and what their pricing is.  They’ve got the single core speed and they’re 4/8. 4/8 may not be that viable in the future though and a cpu upgrade might need to be made in the moderately near future. It’s a directional issue. A 2600 would last longer but may not give you the fps you want. It’s possible both may be outmoded soon.  It’s unknown.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

When you say “without graphics card did he mean “keep the 1060”? 3600 has no apu.  It literally has to have a discrete gpu to function. 
1060 is a 1080p card, more or less. 2600 is 6/12 instead of 4/4 but I’m not sure if it’s actually faster in single thread or not.  It’s a twitchy issue.  A 3600 would be both 6/12 and faster in single thread. 

No, he meant I didn't have to purchase a new card and just re-use the 1060 until I decide to get a better upgrade. In which I replied to him that I might need a little more horsepower to run Star Citizen and more graphic demanding games like Apex and others that I might play in the future

1 minute ago, Bamzu said:

No, he meant I didn't have to purchase a new card and just re-use the 1060 until I decide to get a better upgrade. In which I replied to him that I might need a little more horsepower to run Star Citizen and more graphic demanding games like Apex and others that I might play in the future

Becomes a question then of what you upgrade.  Cpu or gpu.  Not enough money to get where you want to be in both directions.  Updated previous post btw.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m wondering if the 3100 or 3300 are available and what their pricing is.  They’ve got the single core speed and they’re 4/8. 4/8 may not be that viable in the future though and a cpu upgrade might need to be made in the moderately near future.

The 3100 is available for roughly $115 USD. The 3300 is unavailable near my place since shipping is ass so I generally avoid going out of my region. Realistically speaking there aren't any games that wow me as of now cause I mostly play competitively and rarely play single-player games. The most exciting I've ever got is the soon to be release of Cyberpunk 2077, which I think the upgraded PC could handle okay-ish. So I'm guessing an upgrade isn't really needed in the foreseeable future at least for me.

5 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

The 3100 is available for roughly $115 USD. The 3300 is unavailable near my place since shipping is ass so I generally avoid going out of my region. Realistically speaking there aren't any games that wow me as of now cause I mostly play competitively and rarely play single-player games. The most exciting I've ever got is the soon to be release of Cyberpunk 2077, which I think the upgraded PC could handle okay-ish. So I'm guessing an upgrade isn't really needed in the foreseeable future at least for me.

The competitive aspect means single thread speed is going to be important. The 2600 is more aaa oriented than fps oriented.  My temptation is to go for cpu over gpu if both is not possible as the gpu market is all snarled right now.  Nvidia was supposed to release its new line but it got totally horked because they didn’t make enough cards and the entire supply was snapped up by scalpers effectively invalidating the release.