MC server

Gizzyyy

What stuff do i need to build a MC server with 50+ players and 100+ mods. Please help

An overclocked top tier single-threaded CPU, 32+ GB of fast RAM, and NVMe storage. Even then be prepared to lock down tons of stuff that causes even minor lag if you want 50 people to have an okay time. 20 is the absolute most I would recommend for a single modded server.

Before setting your mind to do this, try joining a modded server like you're describing, especially one where people are nearing the endgame of the modpack. I guarantee you it'll be an awful experience. Blocks won't break for 5 seconds, every mob will be rubberbanding, and machines will run at half speed at the best of times. Minecraft just wasn't made for what you're trying to pull off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

First of budget, what are your network speeds, a modded server with 2 players take much on my PC you would need a good damn PC / server to run 100+ mods with 50 players

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

38 minutes ago, Gizzyyy said:

What stuff do i need to build a MC server with 50+ players and 100+ mods. Please help

A 10900k with the shit overclocked out of it. Atleast 32GB of 3200 or more ram, Good internet like atleast 100 up minimum.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

The best option would be to just rent one.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, Gizzyyy said:

Hey, 

your biggest enemy here is the high player count. 
The only way to run a highly modded server with that many people on it is to build a cluster of many parallel instances that run on one or multiple CPUs.

For vanilla Minecraft there are implementations available like PaperMC, that make it a lot easier, so take that into consideration.