First time builder no UEFI output to display

Studio 1on1

Hi, 

Long time watcher of LTT videos, first time poster. 
I'm a Machead who's building his first music PC. I'm even creating a youtube series about this process. 
I got to the stage of firing it up for the first time yesterday, but am unable to get an output to the display via the HDMI out of the GPU.
I don't have integrated graphics on my CPU, so the HDMI out on the motherboard is no use, right? 

Everything's lighting up, all the fans are spinning but my display says no signal. 
Even if you don't enter the UEFI (not sure it recognises the F2 key of my old wired apple keyboard), it should output some self test info etc no? 
I've tried clearing the CMOS but that didn't h help either. 
The NCase has no chassis speaker, so I'm going to go out and get one for diagnostics purposes.

Here's my rig: 

Case: NCase M1 with Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM x2

PSU: be quiet! SFX L 600
MOBO: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3

CPU: 3950X

AIO: H100i Pro RGB with Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM  x2
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2x16GB 3600
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 4G

M.2: Corsair Force MP510 1920 GB

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Since it's for music production, this is a CPU and silence oriented build.

At the moment, everything's connected, I haven't tried disconnecting the drives for example. 

Any tips would be welcome. Seeing as this is my first time building a PC, I might be overlooking something completely obvious. 

I did quite a lot of research on this, but still it's theoretical knowledge and I'm obviously lacking any sort of practical experience ;) 
Even after binge watching LTT and Optimum Tech.

Thanks to anyone willing to donate a few heart cycles to my problem!
Yay the internet ;)

IMG_6726.thumb.jpg.3823a24f869660256dfd94efa865e5fd.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

Thanks for replying!
The power cable on the side? Yes it is and its fans are spinning. So it's getting power. Maybe I should try to reseat it in the PCIe slot? 

One thing that might be pertinent: I swapped out the mobo's intel wifi/bluetooth module for a broadcom BCM94352Z

Update: just went to a computer store to get a chassis speaker in case I need it, since the NCase M1 doesn't have one. 

4 hours ago, Studio 1on1 said:

Thanks for replying!
The power cable on the side? Yes it is and its fans are spinning. So it's getting power. Maybe I should try to reseat it in the PCIe slot? 

Remember to quote when you are replying to someone (arrow in the bottom left of the post). 

I should’ve been clearer, I meant the HDMI/Display cable. 

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

Remember to quote when you are replying to someone (arrow in the bottom left of the post). 

I should’ve been clearer, I meant the HDMI/Display cable. 

Thanks! 
The HDMI cable and power cable of the monitor are plugged in and working (I tried it with my MBP and it works fine).

I tried booting with the chassis speaker connected (does it matter which way around you put that on the header?).
I'm getting zero beeps from that. Maybe it's broken or is that a possibility? 

Next thing I'll try is disconnect the sata and m.2 drive. 

I also looked at the RAM and GPU seating but they all seem to be securely in place. 

I did use a screwdriver to fasten the blockhead onto the processor, but only because it's a tight fit. I didn't fasten it beyond what I can fasten by hand. 
Maybe that's still too tight though? I'm having trouble guestimating what the right amount of tightening is. 
People only say 'not too tight' but that doesn't tell me what exactly constitutes 'too tight' :D 
It's a hard thing to quantify I guess. 

Speaker has a + and -, check mobo manual and connect it correctly. If you can try using Display Port to connect your monitor as i have 5700XT pulse and DP is getting picture much faster than HDMI on my rig (with x570).
Also please try booting up with one stick of RAM.
And as a last resort if possible to check with old Zen+ processor it would be great as your mobo is supporting 3950X since bios 1.70:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Phantom Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#CPU

And you might have one of the older builds of bios installed.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Phantom Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#BIOS

17 minutes ago, sloniupl said:

Speaker has a + and -, check mobo manual and connect it correctly. If you can try using Display Port to connect your monitor as i have 5700XT pulse and DP is getting picture much faster than HDMI on my rig (with x570).
Also please try booting up with one stick of RAM.
And as a last resort if possible to check with old Zen+ processor it would be great as your mobo is supporting 3950X since bios 1.70:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Phantom Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#CPU

And you might have one of the older builds of bios installed.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Phantom Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#BIOS

Thanks! Yeah I'm thinking about updating the BIOS. that's certainly one of the next things I'll try.
Since it's a 570 board, I figured it would just support the 3950X regardless of BIOS version but I guess not. 
Let's hope that's the culprit.

Is it normal that the speaker would give NO beeps at all though? I'm wondering if the speaker is broken.

Oh but wait...
How do I update the BIOS if I cannot get into the BIOS? 
It looks you need to update the BIOS from the BIOS...

I hope this is not going to be a headache scenario where I need to find an older CPU to update this BIOS...

I didn't see a bios update function on your mobo from usb without CPU so you will have to get a zen+ (2000 series) supported CPU.

You can also try to rent a CPU from local PC repair shop or buy something used like Ryzen 5 2600, update bios and sell it again :)

6 minutes ago, sloniupl said:

I didn't see a bios update function on your mobo from usb without CPU so you will have to get a zen+ (2000 series) supported CPU.

Oh no...... OH NO!!!

I just opened the case and saw the mobo shipped with firmware 1.00.
Dammit I bought this in April 2020, 3950X came out in November 2019.
What the hell...... They might want to add a card in the box that it doesn't ACTUALLY support all those processors UNTIL you update the BIOS using an OLDER processor.
Dammit, that's an annoying setback. 

Is this just a rookie mistake or just bad practice from ASRock to not clearly warn about that? 

A bit of both :) i have Aorus MB and it has an option to update bios from USB.

1 hour ago, sloniupl said:

You can also try to rent a CPU from local PC repair shop or buy something used like Ryzen 5 2600, update bios and sell it again :)

Long shot but is method 2 perhaps a method that doesn't require a CPU? 

https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10

1 hour ago, Studio 1on1 said:

Long shot but is method 2 perhaps a method that doesn't require a CPU? 

https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10

From what I can see, no. It requires the system to actually boot which it won’t do without a CPU. 

The easiest way is to go to a local computer shop, they usually do it for free or for a small charge. 

Alternatively, you can contact AMD who will loan you a 3000G to update your bios. 

9 hours ago, gloop said:

From what I can see, no. It requires the system to actually boot which it won’t do without a CPU. 

The easiest way is to go to a local computer shop, they usually do it for free or for a small charge. 

Alternatively, you can contact AMD who will loan you a 3000G to update your bios. 

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. The thing is, I'm documenting the whole build on youtube so I'd actually prefer to get a loaner processor, so I can DIY it and film it.I doubt the shop will let me film the whole process there, with my 135 subscribers :D  
I'll see if my local shops have one lying around that I can rent from them. 

I guess it's the time to try higher end thermal paste on my cooler ;) 
Won't be able to AB it with the factory paste though.
My schlepping around this build around the house is starting to get comical :D