Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
King Spartan

Ark server?

6 hours ago, King Spartan said:

Does anyone know how to setup a Ark server i want to set one up from my other pc. any help will be appreciated. 

If you want yourself and others to be able to reach a dedicated server, you'll have to make sure the Firewall is configured correctly and you have a Port Forward to the PC running it. There is a Tutorial in the Wiki:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

 

If you're a more experienced linux user, you could set one up with the following tool, which greatly simplifies running a headless ark server:

https://github.com/arkmanager/ark-server-tools

Recommended Posts

I did it a while ago, it wasn't exactly the easiest server to setup but this might have been because Ark was still early access, haven't done it in a few years now.

 

I do remember it had a bug where you couldn't connect to a server you were running on the same LAN (or even on the same PC on localhost) as your client, other people could connect fine but it would refuse you.

 

Its possible both these issues have been fixed by now.


Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

 

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I did it a while ago, it wasn't exactly the easiest server to setup but this might have been because Ark was still early access, haven't done it in a few years now.

 

I do remember it had a bug where you couldn't connect to a server you were running on the same LAN (or even on the same PC on localhost) as your client, other people could connect fine but it would refuse you.

 

Its possible both these issues have been fixed by now.

ohh so i cant connect if im in the same host

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

ohh so i cant connect if im in the same host

You couldn't a few years back, no.


Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

 

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
6 hours ago, King Spartan said:

Does anyone know how to setup a Ark server i want to set one up from my other pc. any help will be appreciated. 

If you want yourself and others to be able to reach a dedicated server, you'll have to make sure the Firewall is configured correctly and you have a Port Forward to the PC running it. There is a Tutorial in the Wiki:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

 

If you're a more experienced linux user, you could set one up with the following tool, which greatly simplifies running a headless ark server:

https://github.com/arkmanager/ark-server-tools

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×