Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poorkidbuild

Good AIO for R5 2600X?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've already looked into air coolers, and found that my options are limited due to having four sticks of RAM. Although I have heard AIO's will not last as long, I would like to see if I would like to invest in one. 

 

My cooling needs are very simple: Not loud, reliable, and fit my system. I would like to keep it under 150 dollars, but I could consider 20 dollars more if really needed. No RGB is fine as I have some fans I can install onto it in order to fit my system. 

 

Thank you, people of LTT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there are plenty of air coolers that clear 4 dimms, sufficiently cool a 2600x, and are very affordable. but if youre set on an aio basically any well reviewed 240mm or larger is fine. the arctic freezer 240 would be perfect. if you prefer the aesthetics of a corsair, nzxt, evga, etc. those are all fine coolers. most of them are just rebadged asetek units, consistently decent. 

 

basically, dont get a 120mm cause they suck and dont shortchange yourself on an important component. there are a ton of cheap aios pandering to budget minded consumers and i wouldnt trust my system with any of those. 


topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

there are plenty of air coolers that clear 4 dimms, sufficiently cool a 2600x, and are very affordable. but if youre set on an aio basically any well reviewed 240mm or larger is fine. the arctic freezer 240 would be perfect. if you prefer the aesthetics of a corsair, nzxt, evga, etc. those are all fine coolers. most of them are just rebadged asetek units, consistently decent. 

 

basically, dont get a 120mm cause they suck and dont shortchange yourself on an important component. there are a ton of cheap aios pandering to budget minded consumers and i wouldnt trust my system with any of those. 

thank you! I'll still look into air coolers, because I definitely prefer them. I just have the B450 tomahawk max, meaning its super hard to install those air coolers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poorkidbuild said:

thank you! I'll still look into air coolers, because I definitely prefer them. I just have the B450 tomahawk max, meaning its super hard to install those air coolers.

fair enough, really just a basic 120-140mm single tower cooler should clear your ram and be more than sufficient for a 2600x. if you wanna go beefy and quiet a d15s has stellar memory compatibility (basically 100% afaik) and youd be able to run the fan slow as the 2600x aint super high wattage. stick on some chromax goodies for the a e s t h e t i c :D 


topics i need help on:

Spoiler

 

 

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poorkidbuild said:

I've already looked into air coolers, and found that my options are limited due to having four sticks of RAM. Although I have heard AIO's will not last as long, I would like to see if I would like to invest in one. 

 

My cooling needs are very simple: Not loud, reliable, and fit my system. I would like to keep it under 150 dollars, but I could consider 20 dollars more if really needed. No RGB is fine as I have some fans I can install onto it in order to fit my system. 

 

Thank you, people of LTT.

arctic freezer 240 Best overall AIO


CPU Ryzen 5 3600X OC 4.6                  Mobo Asus Tuf Gaming Pro B450                 DDR4 16GB 3600Mhz Corsair Dominator

Gigabyte 1070 Ti              Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240             Cooler MasterMB511 Case With 6 TT White Ring Fans

Link to post
Share on other sites

i really dont get it why spending 1 to 1 ratio on cpu to aio

 

you could get a $300 ish cpu with stock cooler , even not oc and temps above normal, its still way faster than oc a low end cpu at its max

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scythe Mugen 5($45) and Fuma 2($55) both clear four sticks of RAM. No need to spend $100 for an AIO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×