Best mouse pad material?

Rocketdog2112

Looking to purchase a large rectangular mouse pad to cover the front half of my desk. I see them made out of materials such as wool, PU leather, rubber, ect. What material would produce the best mouse action with minimal wear to the mouse? (Logitech G Pro wireless)

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

I feel like it kind of depends on your style/what you are looking to do. 

I have a Glorious Extended mouse mat which I use for both work (general office type stuff) and light gaming and it's been great. A good mix of glide and "precision" plus it's easy to clean. 

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-pad

It's all personal preference

I prefer hard mat (logitech g440) just because it's easy to clean and makes your mouse very responsive

Though people avoid it because it's very slippery and takes some getting used to

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It's all personal preference

I prefer hard mat (logitech g440) just because it's easy to clean and makes your mouse very responsive

Though people avoid it because it's very slippery and takes some getting used to

soft mouse mats are awful, if i wanted to put my mouse on a weird pillow id get a weird pillow

this 20 dollar hard mouse pad i got from amazon is solid aluminum with a neat finish, almost like a powder coat. one side is a lighter application of that coating and is very slick, the other is more coarse, and gives you very precise mouse movement. its worn away over the past year though, still nice but not as awesome as it was. didnt completely kill the pads on my mouse although it did wear em down a little. aftermarket skates are cheap though 

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

You wont find hardpads that size but you'll still get plenty fast hybrids

G840 medium friction

Glorious 3xl basically just a qck which isnt a bad thing

Rog scabbard suprisingly decent fast pad

Theres no reason to be afraid of wear to mice feet. Other than to provide less friction its whats they're designed to do, and they're easy to replace.

Glass. Longevity wise for sure. Depends on what you want, decent cloth pad maybe or a hwrd surface which lasts longer. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Something I ran across from a 25 year Microsoft engineer....

"Fun fact, a wireless mouse’ batteries will last longer when the mouse is used on a light colored surface as opposed to a dark one. That black Slayer mouse pad is eating your batteries"

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI