Can Connect to Nas - iOS 14

BoxTurtle

So I have a nas and I connected it to my iphone. It worked great I have tranfered lots of photos and videos to the nas. Last night I udapted to iOS 14 and well lets just say now i can't connect to my nas. So after it updated, today i tried to transfer some photos and it said try different location when clicked on it to transfer. So i went into the files app to see what was going on. I clicked on the nas and strangly none of the folders showed up. I disconnected the nas and forgot it from my phone to see if that would fix it. I then enterned my nas ip in the servler line (image 1) and then I entered the credinals (image 2) for a user that has admin privalages. I click next and it took me back to screen the screen in image 3 and as you can see the nas is not showing up. It should show up above tags. I then entered the credianls for my personal (non-admin) user and I got the screen in image 4. This is really annoying to me because I did not have any problems before I updated to iOS 14.

Forest-Trees-Green-Paradise-2560-x-1440-Image (8).jpg

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Note that this is a repost. I did not get any responses when I posted this a few days ago so I am going to try again.

So I have a nas and I connected it to my iphone. It worked great I have tranfered lots of photos and videos to the nas. Last night I udapted to iOS 14 and well lets just say now i can't connect to my nas. So after it updated, today i tried to transfer some photos and it said try different location when clicked on it to transfer. So i went into the files app to see what was going on. I clicked on the nas and strangly none of the folders showed up. I disconnected the nas and forgot it from my phone to see if that would fix it. I then enterned my nas ip in the servler line (image 1) and then I entered the credinals (image 2) for a user that has admin privalages. I click next and it took me back to screen the screen in image 3 and as you can see the nas is not showing up. It should show up above tags. I then entered the credianls for my personal (non-admin) user and I got the screen in image 4. This is really annoying to me because I did not have any problems before I updated to iOS 14.

Forest-Trees-Green-Paradise-2560-x-1440-Image (8).jpg

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

-= Topics Merged =-

Do not repost your topics. You can always edit your current topic or comment to make corrections.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 9/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, turtlecraft said:

While I've found the iOS Files app to be nothing but a buggy pile of stinky poop (or in more friendly terms, just difficult to work with), it should be able to connect to SMB fileshares fine, so long as your NAS is running SMB version 2.0 or higher. That being said, I've had trouble getting my iPad 5 to connect to my Synology NAS when using its' local IP address, but when using the hostname ("smb://NAME_OF_NAS.local") I can login using my user account for the NAS just fine.

You might need to perform some troubleshooting, including trying to sign into the NAS over SMB using a newly created user account, or just rebooting your NAS, as it's possible the NAS still thinks there's an authorized / logged in session from when you were running iOS 13 on your iPhone. Other than that, I'd check to see what version of SMB you're running, and possibly get in touch with your NAS manufacturer for further assistance.

https://appletoolbox.com/use-smb-to-connect-to-your-nas-drive-with-files-in-ipados-or-ios-13/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)