Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Energycore

Looking for an Amp for HD 6xx

Posted · Original PosterOP

Looking for an amp for my HD 6xx. (300 Ohm)

My budget is $150, preferably under $100.

Needs to have international shipping.

I only need one output.

What would you guys recommend?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: PowerColor PCS+ R9 290

Attachcorethingy: GA-H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone Fara R1-based case for half the price

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Logitech G203 Prodigy

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: 2x Samsung SMB2030N (1600x900 VGA)

https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1

I have the 2nd version and it's been great for over 2 years now. You can select model and either get the 3+ or the heresy model. The heresy looks much better (black and red) and I would be envious if you pick one up lol.

There's also the https://www.schiit.com/products/hel

for 150$. The components are technically better for the magni, but I also have that paired with the DAC - https://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1

For the "schiit stack" it's the magni + modi for 200$. But the modi is optional and you would be fine with just the amp (magni).

I'm sure there's plenty of other options out there but that's just what I've been using personally for years and have no complaints.

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Looking for an amp for my HD 6xx. (300 Ohm)

My budget is $150, preferably under $100.

Needs to have international shipping.

I only need one output.

What would you guys recommend?

Sound Blaster X3 or ifi zen dac

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

if it's just a stand alone amp get either the topping e30 , jds labs atom, schiit magni 3+ and Heresy. the magni 3+ is the warmest sounding amp. the topping e30 is the smoothest amp. the hersy is the most revealing amp, the atom is the weakest amp in terms of power but probably the cleanest sounding to an untrained ear or to most people in general you cant really tell a difference they all aim for the same kinda sound. pick the one is the cheapest to get to you. the e30 is pretty easy to get worldwide. 

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

13 hours ago, rice guru said:

if it's just a stand alone amp get either the topping e30 , jds labs atom, schiit magni 3+ and Heresy. the magni 3+ is the warmest sounding amp. the topping e30 is the smoothest amp. the hersy is the most revealing amp, the atom is the weakest amp in terms of power but probably the cleanest sounding to an untrained ear or to most people in general you cant really tell a difference they all aim for the same kinda sound. pick the one is the cheapest to get to you. the e30 is pretty easy to get worldwide. 

The E30 is also notably not an amp.

19 minutes ago, WaterproofBeanie said:

The E30 is also notably not an amp.

Oops sorry I meant the L30 I get the 2 confused sometimes

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40