Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elclid

Canon printer not showing up

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Canon IR 2525 shows up and works fine over the network on my Mac desktop but not on either of my two windows laptops. On one, a printer shows up named with the printers ip, but doesn't work and it doesn't show up at all on the other laptop. I tried installing generic plus drivers, the recommended driver from canons website, but at the stop where it has to find a printer, nothing comes up. Any ideas? 

 

Both the Mac desktop and the laptops are on wifi 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Windows laptops network settings set to Public or Private?

 

Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Properties 


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

 †  

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

 

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh.. the beauty of Canon printers on Windows. Truly, marvelous experience. 

 

On a serious note - make sure you have the Canon drivers installed on your Windows PC before attempting the connection (for your specific model). I did that, and it worked. But it's flimsy. Never again am I buying a Canon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Are the Windows laptops network settings set to Public or Private?

 

Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Properties 

It's private 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Ahh.. the beauty of Canon printers on Windows. Truly, marvelous experience. 

 

On a serious note - make sure you have the Canon drivers installed on your Windows PC before attempting the connection (for your specific model). I did that, and it worked. But it's flimsy. Never again am I buying a Canon. 

OK on driver installation, there's no config for IR 2525, there's ir adv and ir adv pro and bunch of copies with different type numbers. Which do I do? Also an auto select and basic config option 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elclid said:

OK on driver installation, there's no config for IR 2525, there's ir adv and ir adv pro and bunch of copies with different type numbers. Which do I do? Also an auto select and basic config option 

just do the basic stuff, don't install any additional software.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×