PC VS PS5

MMR77

I always wonder! some say that ps5 will be equivalent to rtx 2080 or sth! the whole power will be unleashed at once or in a few years? 

My card is gtx 1070 and the cpu is i5 6600. how much ps5 will be better like 2 times?😑

1 minute ago, Jeppes said:

Wait and see. Series X and ps5 look promising.

right! just need to see those benchmarks

10 hours ago, MMR77 said:

always wonder! some say that ps5 will be equivalent to rtx 2080 or sth! the whole power will be unleashed at once or in a few years? 

My card is gtx 1070 and the cpu is i5 6600. how much ps5 will be better like 2 times?😑

console graphics are like low ~ mid settings in pc , so if they run 30fps 4k at low.... not amazing spec to acheive

13 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

console graphics are like low ~ mid settings in pc , so if they run 30fps 4k at low.... not amazing spec to acheive

Ps4 and Xbox one were like low-mid settings, these new machines are going to be a significant upgrade.

Might be more like ultra settings vis a vis the actual clarity and resolution - the issue is what frame rates can they run?

Again, a lot of people seem very optimistic about them doing high fps too.

The PS5's big titles with impressive graphics will typically be running at 30 FPS to get those graphics.

Performance of around an RTX 2080 is probably pretty close to what the PS5 will do. But Nvidia's RTX 3070 and 3080 for the PC are eclipsing that level of performance before the PS5 even releases. I think Nvidia wanted to do that, as the consoles are competitors to them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I totally agree, PS5 graphics will be pushed to it limits in a few years, after 4 years we're gonna see the true performance of rtx 2080 thing! agree?

10 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

The PS5's big titles with impressive graphics will typically be running at 30 FPS to get those graphics.

Performance of around an RTX 2080 is probably pretty close to what the PS5 will do. But Nvidia's RTX 3070 and 3080 for the PC are eclipsing that level of performance before the PS5 even releases. I think Nvidia wanted to do that, as the consoles are competitors to them.

Agreed.

PC is always going to be at the bleeding edge, though I think consoles this generation will do a better job than the underpowered offerings we got last time.

I wouldn’t touch console game except for a Nintendo console.

I can’t imagine gaming on a console, I would feel so restricted.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 minute ago, MMR77 said:

I totally agree, PS5 graphics will be pushed to it limits in a few years, after 4 years we're gonna see the true performance of rtx 2080 thing! agree?

Good point. 

I mean, we'll definitely see impressive stuff on ps5 once the developers get to grips with it - but just think what pc will be able to offer by then.

In 5 years we will start to see the ps5 really being pushed to its limit, meanwhile the GPUs and CPUs out by then, and if 4k becomes ubiquitous, we will see stuff on pc that will blow ps5 out of the water.

10 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Might be more like ultra settings vis a vis the actual clarity and resolution - the issue is what frame rates can they run?

dont be toi hype, it will sure be disappointing 

Just now, NineEyeRon said:

I wouldn’t touch console game except for a Nintendo console.

I can’t imagine gaming on a console, I would feel so restricted.

I have my ps4 pro for exclusives. 

I've been able to play TLOU 2, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and others, and it was 100% worth having the console. 

20 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

In 5 years we will start to see the ps5 really being pushed to its limit, meanwhile the GPUs and CPUs out by then, and if 4k becomes ubiquitous, we will see stuff on pc that will blow ps5 out of the water

cant wait to see gta V

Consoles are usually good deals on release. 5 years from now? Maybe not as much.

Just wait for the console to be available... And actually in stock.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

From what i know it will have a Ryzen 7 3700X and a refreshed RX 5700XT.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Consoles are usually good deals on release. 5 years from now? Maybe not as much.

I mean, I'd pay a hundred dollars for a NES or ps1. It depends on games and stuff

As for one over the other, PC is best imo. While there will be some games you may miss out, you'll get a more better experience all in all. Your computer as it is is pretty good. Ps5 will be better, but you're trading freedom for better image quality. You could do with a new cpu, maybe a r5 3rd Gen. And a 30 series Nvidia card. 

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

No matter how fast it will be, it will still be a console and therefore comming with the same disadvantages like its predecessors. No buy for me.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

27 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It's only after 5 years or so that they reach their full potential, have a huge library of games, have any technical issues ironed out, the U.I refined, and a nice line up of cheap, second hand games available.

By contrast, buying day one offers very little. 

15 minutes ago, Praesi said:

No matter how fast it will be, it will still be a console and therefore comming with the same disadvantages like its predecessors. No buy for me.

Yes, it will always be frozen in a sense.

Though, I'm sure we'll see a pro/upgraded version of both consoles after 2 or 3 years.

That seems like it's going to be an industry standard from now on and so it may close the gap a little. 

It really depends how the machine itself actually displays and what they deem "acceptable" levels of performance for that display. Xbox 1 and PS4 said they would output high res stuff, but it was mostly upscaled rather than native, and the display rates were atrocious.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus