ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
On 9/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

This is my "Non- Entry"

I'm in India, I cant participate, so that's why I made this video:

Here's the video: (Read the description) (Trigger Warning)

#ROGRigReboot20 Hey everyone! I do not want to harm anyone's feelings and have no intentions behind this, except hoping for a international candidate version of rig reboot happens later this year. I live in India and am fully aware that I cant participate. This has some spoilers for Doki Doki Literature Club and those who get disturbed by any mention of the game, please watch at your own risk. I apologise for the bad video editing, it was the best I could do in between my exam prep. Laptop Specs Ideapad 510 i5-7200u GeForce 940mx 4gb RAM 1 TB HDD Screen resolution 1366x768 I know others have worse PCs but just wanted to do this video anyway. Thanks a lot to everyone at LMG for the great content I saw this quarantine Regards ----For basic internet privacy reasons I wont be giving my info, ---- Thanks once again!

2 hours ago, Vizdrom97 said:

except hoping for a international candidate version of rig reboot happens later this year.

Won't be happening.

Anyone wanna show off their entries?

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

6 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Anyone wanna show off their entries?

I will after the contest.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I will after the contest.

Looking forward to it. I guess i'll do the same then.

Spoiler

Heres some advice from Oliwier, one of the winners from last year (From his comment section on his entry):

Hey! So the video took somewhere around 3-4 days to make, including a lot of procrastination. Obviously this isn't the sort of thing you can just poop out in a few minutes and expect it to win, there is a lot of planning involved especially that you only have a minute to sell yourself. Around 2 days were spent on the script alone which went through tons of revisions, as I didn't want to shoot any footage until I was sure that I could produce something good in the first place. What I do know is that if I had stuck with my original idea, I would not of won, so make sure to get a few ideas down first and not just go with the first one to pop in your head. My best advice is to do a lot of research. Don't just look at the winning videos, but also look at the ones that didn't win. There are some really good ones that sadly didn't make it in and also some admittedly bad ones that should give you an example of what not do do. Take small ideas from each to create something new. Don't copy an existing video, don't lie, be humble and most importantly have fun making it.

He also said that he would post this on the fourm so if he has already that's my bad lol.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

including a lot of procrastination

lol, ive takes 3 days on 5 pieces of wood.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, AvMaverick said:

If it was virtually, why not globally, Linus Media Group? Your viewers who'd want a PC could easily learn to put together and use a livestreaming setup! Please reconsider @LinusTech @CPotter and co... Please! 

😨😱😰😭😭😭😭

Probably shipping costs.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

My reason for believing why it's only US and Canada is possibly because it seems if you look at the asus sites for the US and Canada they are the same compared to the other countries. And since the US or Canada asus companies are doing the giveaway, they would have to ship the parts, however the US has been pretty much travel banned from all countries. Also they might not want to ship it out of Canada as it's not essential and they might be given bad press. Or something along the lines of that stuff. (I just realized the site thing is non related but whatever)

On 9/19/2020 at 10:41 PM, nirdhan said:

i watched the video u guys really need to have a asia regions. Here in asia in 500 dollars we get a core-i3 with no gpu and 4gigs of ram no ssd and ya that is a laptop so pls have asia region i know u wouldn't respond .u might i dunno if u say that u will have person from asia then i will upload my video.

its expensive probably, takes time, a heavy amount of resources, many complications (the fact that many people in asia cant travel, the fact that some countries have many issues, covid 19) its not as simple as lets just host a competition in asia.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

1 hour ago, VortexRex said:

My reason for believing why it's only US and Canada is possibly because it seems if you look at the asus sites for the US and Canada they are the same compared to the other countries. And since the US or Canada asus companies are doing the giveaway, they would have to ship the parts, however the US has been pretty much travel banned from all countries. Also they might not want to ship it out of Canada as it's not essential and they might be given bad press. Or something along the lines of that stuff. (I just realized the site thing is non related but whatever)

The main reason is probably deadlines. They couldn't ship something to non-US/Canadia fast enough to get the clips of people using their PCs to meet Asus deadlines.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

Man idk if my rig is shity enough I mean its a little bellow mid-tier and only has on fan but i don't think its crap-tastic lol 

13 minutes ago, voidrunner959 said:

Man idk if my rig is shity enough I mean its a little bellow mid-tier and only has on fan but i don't think its crap-tastic lol 

Just try to make a video, and put more than a few minutes of thought into it, and you are in the top 5% of entrants.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/19/2020 at 6:59 PM, VortexRex said:

So do we have to post the video publicly or are we allowed to have it as a private link? I kinda don't wanna post it public cuz my friends subbed to my channel will see it.

This was mentioned, but you can set it to unlisted. If you set it as private, LMG can't view it.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, Snowmnason said:

Do you need stay why you want to win. What games you play and all that in the video or can it be done in the description?

The purpose of the video entry is to tell why you should be the winner. Description can give additional details, like how video was made, but it won't be used as reason. They will literally make playlist and view it through. This was discussed on WAN show last year. They spend some 8h total watching entry videos and picking up their top10 for each category.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, BurstSMG said:

Out of curiosity does the winner get to select parts or is it all pre-chosen? the choice for an ITX build would be fantastic

Watch the previous winners. Parts will be from sponsor, Asus, as much as possible. I'm sure if you have good reasoning for ITX system, it can be done. I remember one of the previous winners getting i9/Extreme edition because they needed it for content creation/modelling.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, LowSpecFalcon said:

Rig Reboot Worldwide when

Last year was first. Maybe we get another next year. All depends on stuff and other stuff (read my post few pages back for more).

On 9/20/2020 at 11:43 PM, imreloadin said:

I love how the actual LTT community has come to loath the ROG Reboot stuff😂

On 9/21/2020 at 12:33 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

It's because 95% of people involved either:

1. Bitch about the rules and being inelligible to join

2. Make extremely low-effort videos and then bitch when they don't win

3. Ask for free shit when they don't even make a video

It clogs up the forum, and it's extremely annoying.

And then there are the threads asking for next competition, probably starting few weeks after the videos for this have been released.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:49 AM, Aeris_X said:

Just submitted my video and I’m having an anxiety attack on if I win and miss the contact from LTT. how the winners will be notified just so I can monitor those channels after Friday.

I can't access to form because of geolocation, but from last year, you submit your contact details in that form. Meaning your country, name and email. They will contact you via email, and possibly also using YT messaging system. Email is first method, and you will have 2-3 days to reply before they go for next one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, imreloadin said:

I love how the actual LTT community has come to loath the ROG Reboot stuff *NO EMOJI*

i imagine it's because 90% of this thread is

(1) people complaining about the contest not being world wide, disregarding any reasoning as to why it isn't

(2) people giving answers to the people that fall under (1)

(3) people who ask if it's available in their country

(4) people who get angry if they don't win

(5) people who think that "hey this is my pc it's bad, but i've always loved you linus and your  videos are inspirational and | this continues on | and doesn't try to make it entertaining which seems to be the whole point.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i imagine it's because 90% of this thread is

(1) people complaining about the contest not being world wide, disregarding any reasoning as to why it isn't

(2) people giving answers to the people that fall under (1)

(3) people who ask if it's available in their country

(4) people who get angry if they don't win

(5) people who think that "hey this is my pc it's bad, but i've always loved you linus and your  videos are inspirational and | this continues on | and doesn't try to make it entertaining which seems to be the whole point.

I checked last years thread, and it seemed like the same, but no international people complaining.

Its funny to see all the "1 posts", although I probably shouldn't say that seeing I just joined haha

Spoiler

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

I checked last years thread, and it seemed like the same, but no international people complaining.

Its funny to see all the "1 posts", although I probably shouldn't say that seeing I just joined haha

well you're a "39 posts" *as of writing* and you've been actively answering questions, compared to asking one and then hiding forever

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

This is what we have to deal with between competitions.

Most of the posts there were merged from separate threads, so it gets tiring for both the mods and the members.

3 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

This is what we have to deal with between competitions.

Most of the posts there were merged from separate threads, so it gets tiring for both the mods and the members.

Like- all you need to do is take the announcement date of the last one and add a year, rip mods.

Spoiler