ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
16 minutes ago, Zaher503 said:

what do you mean by opposite? And Michael is the guy who DIY'ed a laptop right? so are you gonna frankenstein a desktop from a laptop lol?

🤷‍♂️

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, paperbagperson said:

Submitted my video... now I just sit and pray that my newly acquired acting, cinematography, and editing skills carry me to a PC that can actually run.

You've got the same CPU and ram as me xD I feel your pain.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

I am from Bangladesh. Can I join this competition?

1 hour ago, Hasibul Islam Sourov said:

only US/Canada can win

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

i live in india and i am sending my pc specs(its too crappy) i can speak english fleuntly also i am 11 years old i have an dell optilex 3010 with i5 4 generation cpu ,150 gb ssd,no gpu 8 gb ddr3 ram and all other thing are too bad to mention publicly and i think i deserver to win it as i am 11 year old and i cant play any game on it and my friends have a laptop or a pc on which games can actually run.

2 hours ago, Hasibul Islam Sourov said:

No.

1 hour ago, Plutonic said:

i can speak english fleuntly

Did you notice that the US and Canada are the only eligible countries?

1 hour ago, Plutonic said:

i think i deserver to win it as i am 11 year old and i cant play any game on it and my friends have a laptop or a pc on which games can actually run.

Out of 1760+ applicants, you deserve it?

2 hours ago, Plutonic said:

i live in india and i am sending my pc specs(its too crappy) i can speak english fleuntly also i am 11 years old i have an dell optilex 3010 with i5 4 generation cpu ,150 gb ssd,no gpu 8 gb ddr3 ram and all other thing are too bad to mention publicly and i think i deserver to win it as i am 11 year old and i cant play any game on it and my friends have a laptop or a pc on which games can actually run.

Two things. Its US/CA only and you are under the minimum age required. I'll try not to be too hard on you, but speaking language fluently, and reading comprehension, are different things. Most of the times you get disappointed when you don't read rules and instructions first.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/18/2020 at 12:58 PM, Red :) said:

ROG?

don't you mean rawg?

certainly you mean POG

Lmao this was just 11 pages of people living in India not reading the comments and saying " I live in India, I'm 12, have bad computer. Can I join?"

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

5 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

Lmao this was just 11 pages of people living in India not reading the comments and saying " I live in India, I'm 12, have bad computer. Can I join?"

Pretty much.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

And then there is the poor soul who replies with "Us/Ca only" or "13+ only"

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

16 hours ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Some good competition finally... :P

I hope you meant that in a good way, in which case, thank you! :)

10 hours ago, The_Murdoch said:

You've got the same CPU and ram as me xD I feel your pain.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Do you have 16GB and it only uses 8 GB too? 😢 Although, to be fair, my brother's friend said it would be 8GB when I bought it from him but when I got the two extra 4GB sticks I had hope...

12 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

I hope you meant that in a good way, in which case, thank you! :)

Yeah, the video was great!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Minicoop said:

Don't forget all of those who think they deserve to win even though they're ineligible due to multiple reasons.

12 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Don't forget all of those who think they deserve to win even though they're ineligible due to multiple reasons.

Oh man how DARE someone not let me win something that I don't really need but I am just INCREDIBLY  entitled and think that a company should pay 3x out of pocket for me to receive a PC halfway across the world! I can't get over 15fps on my hand-me-down toaster and currently am living on a raft floating in between continents WHY WONT YOU GIVE IT TO ME LINUS!!!! 

Edited by Minicoop
forgot a you

SPEC LIST:

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

6 hours ago, Plutonic said:

still better than my pc.

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Well, that's why... Canada Post doesn't ship to remote locations in the middle of the ocean.

Well well well prepare to get sued Canada!

SPEC LIST:

5 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Guess where the majority of said emails are from.

If I had to make an educated guess it would have to be a large network of North Korean operatives trying to seek the newest and best tech for a great price in order to continue their quest for nuclear domination.

SPEC LIST:

47 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Do you have 16GB and it only uses 8 GB too? 😢 Although, to be fair, my brother's friend said it would be 8GB when I bought it from him but when I got the two extra 4GB sticks I had hope...

I only recently moved to 16gb. My computer is a culmination of parts recovered from electronic recycling, so the only real problem is the speed shows up as 666hz.

5 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

If I had to make an educated guess it would have to be a large network of North Korean operatives trying to seek the newest and best tech for a great price in order to continue their quest for nuclear domination.

DAMN KIM JONG UN

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, The_Murdoch said:

I only recently moved to 16gb. My computer is a culmination of parts recovered from electronic recycling, so the only real problem is the speed shows up as 666hz.

The devils ram? (Sorry bad joke :P)

Spoiler