Should I select yes to "are you a resident of a european country" in Samsung Magician?

What is the difference between GDPR and non GDPR Samsung Magician software and is there's a way to tell whether the current version of Samsung Magician installed is following GDPR rules or not?

7 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

What is the difference between GDPR and non GDPR Samsung Magician software and is there's a way to tell whether the current version of Samsung Magician installed is following GDPR rules or not?

Datacollection. The software works the same.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Datacollection. The software works the same.

I did some googling and people posted that GDPR version doesn't allow users to update there firmware.

This is what I see when I go to update section, does this mean the version of Samsung Magician installed in my PC isn't following GDPR rules?

1714039219_Screenshot2020-09-18185852.png.5b7452b364ae03adaee53f071fadc5aa.png

2 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

I did some googling and people posted that GDPR version doesn't allow users to update there firmware.

This is what I see when I go to update section, does this mean the version of Samsung Magician installed in my PC isn't following GDPR rules?

1714039219_Screenshot2020-09-18185852.png.5b7452b364ae03adaee53f071fadc5aa.png

Why shouldn't it update?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

GDPR is only applicable inside the EU and associated states. If you're not in one, then don't pretend to be, it won't work. Having said that, there are several states/countries that have adopted this regulation into their own laws regarding data collection. Samsung knows about those so should implement a similar policy to adhere to your local laws.

GDPR does NOT prevent the consumer to update anything on or in his system, anyone claiming that is either telling porkies or trolling. Or his vendor is illegally blocking updates.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

3 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

GDPR is only applicable inside the EU and associated states. If you're not in one, then don't pretend to be, it won't work. Having said that, there are several states/countries that have adopted this regulation into their own laws regarding data collection. Samsung knows about those so should implement a similar policy to adhere to your local laws.

GDPR does NOT prevent the consumer to update anything on or in his system, anyone claiming that is either telling porkies or trolling. Or his vendor is illegally blocking updates.

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Why shouldn't it update?

This is what I read when I was googling about Samsung Magician GDPR

This post seems to be 2 year old now so maybe Samsung changed it.

22 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

This is what I read when I was googling about Samsung Magician GDPR

This post seems to be 2 year old now so maybe Samsung changed it.

They did I'm pretty sure

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I'm in Europe and accepted that, still got the updates. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |