UserBenchmark shows under perfoming cpu/gpu

LethoX

Built a PC for the first time recently, so I thought I would try the userbenchmark to see how my components are performing compared to others. RAM & SSD is "over" performing, while the GPU is a little behind, but the CPU is way behind. Is there anything I can do about that? I really only noticed low FPS in CSGO, perhaps because CSGO is CPU dependant? Meanwhile the PC works just fine in Witcher 3 & other more demanding games. Also wanna add that my temps look good, CPU has been at 55C at the max. GPU at 72C at the max. Any help is much appreciated, as I'm really a newbie.

Link to my userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33115167

Userbenchmark is completely useless and you shouldn't worry about it at all. Use something like Cinebench R20 and look up what score your CPU should do. And for your GPU just play games and look if your FPS are in the right ballpark compared to online reviews.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Userbenchmarks is garbage, don’t use it. Try to find reviews for your hardware that show performance in certain games and compare it to that.

Do you have hyperthreading disabled? Userbenchmark shows your CPU as 3 cores 6 threads, which is obviously wrong since the 10400F is a 6 core 12 thread CPU.

Intel Core i5-10400F-$220
LGA1200, 1 CPU, 3 cores, 6 threads
Base clock 2.9 GHz, turbo 2.9 GHz (avg)

That or Userbenchmark is even more hopeless than everyone thinks.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 minutes ago, LethoX said:

Built a PC for the first time recently, so I thought I would try the userbenchmark to see how my components are performing compared to others. RAM & SSD is "over" performing, while the GPU is a little behind, but the CPU is way behind. Is there anything I can do about that? I really only noticed low FPS in CSGO, perhaps because CSGO is CPU dependant? Meanwhile the PC works just fine in Witcher 3 & other more demanding games. Also wanna add that my temps look good, CPU has been at 55C at the max. GPU at 72C at the max. Any help is much appreciated, as I'm really a newbie.

Link to my userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33115167

I've just checked your results. Looks pretty good to me. I'd bet the other posters did overclock their systems, that would account for the sort of lack in performance.

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Do you have hyperthreading disabled? Userbenchmark shows your CPU as 3 cores 6 threads, which is obviously wrong since the 10400F is a 6 core 12 thread CPU.

That or Userbenchmark is even more hopeless than everyone thinks.

I just checked in BIO's and hyperthreading is enabled, even in task manager it says 3 cores 6 threads.

41 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Userbenchmark is completely useless and you shouldn't worry about it at all. Use something like Cinebench R20 and look up what score your CPU should do. And for your GPU just play games and look if your FPS are in the right ballpark compared to online reviews.

Alright, I will try running Cinebench later today. Thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, LethoX said:

just checked in BIO's and hyperthreading is enabled, even in task manager it says 3 cores 6 threads.

Check in the BIOS if cores are disabled. The 10400f is 6 core 12 threads. If task manager is only showing 3 cores enabled then you have a problem.

Your not running in a VM are you?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

56 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Check in the BIOS if cores are disabled. The 10400f is 6 core 12 threads. If task manager is only showing 3 cores enabled then you have a problem.

Your not running in a VM are you?

Not sure what a VM is, I couldn't find anywhere if I had disabled cores in BIOS. Just to make it clear, task manager says "3 cores, 6 logical processors". It should say 6 cores, 12 logical processors right?

5 minutes ago, LethoX said:

Just to make it clear, task manager says "3 cores, 6 logical processors". It should say 6 cores, 12 logical processors right?

Yes. Can you post a screenshot of what Task Manager shows?

You could try resetting the BIOS to default settings and see if that fixes it.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yes. Can you post a screenshot of what Task Manager shows?

You could try resetting the BIOS to default settings and see if that fixes it.

Here's the task manager, by resetting BIOS do you mean resetting all the changes to default?

Task Manager.png

1 minute ago, LethoX said:

Here's the task manager, by resetting BIOS do you mean resetting all the changes to default?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yes.

I reset it to default and task manager still shows 3 cores, 6 logical processors. I downloaded Cinebench and it says the same there too. I should probably not run Cinebench before I get this sorted right?

I found the solution to the core problem, windows key -> msconfig -> enter - > boot tab - > advanced options - > set it to 6 cores and restarted. Now it shows 6 cores / 12 logical processors. I ran cinebench and got 3176, I've never used Cinebench before so I got no clue if that's good or bad.