Advice on using 1440p and 1080p monitors

Keiran1983

Hi all,

Currently, I have 4x 1080p monitors connected to a EVGA 1070 SC.  One monitor being 144Hz and the other three on 75 Hz.

Looking to get the RTX 3080 to game on 1440p @ 144hz.  Looks like i still cannot get support for 5 monitors to one GPU.  

Any recommendations or advice if I can mix and match a 1440 @ 144hz monitor with the present 3 monitors?

Thank you all

you can do 4 displays of different resolution, though navigating on them might be a pain

because your cursor can get stuck on corners of the higher resolution display

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 monitors shouldn't be a problem with nvidia surround but the reference rtx 3080 design has 3 DP and 1 HDMI output so you might need a bunch of adapters.  I know you can do 4+1 if you have all the same resolutions and daisy chain with displayport but it doesn't sound like that would be possible with your setup. Have you considered getting an intel NUC or something like that and just running a few extra monitors off another computer if you want to use them all? It also might be possible to run all 5 with a dp to 2x HDMI splitter (computer should see the DP as one 3840x1080 monitor) but those are expensive and this whole situation just sounds kinda like a pain in the butt just to get 1 extra 1080p side display.