Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faded7

Price estimate? my custom build (Not sure if this the right section for it)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey, 

 

I had this custom build for a almost 3 years now: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4qpmV7

I'm wondering how much it worth now if I want to sell it?

Also what is the best place to sell it? online or otherwise!

 

This is the prices I have paid for it..

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6950X 3 GHz 10-Core Processor  (Purchased For $1600.00) 

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $205.49) 

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (Purchased For $700.00) 

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (Purchased For $599.99) 

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $600.00) 

Storage: Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $287.23 ) 

Video Card: NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 12 GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (Purchased For $1200.00) 

Video Card: NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 12 GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (Purchased For $1200.00) 

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $300.00) 

Power Supply: Corsair 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $379.99 ) 

Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $65.98 ) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit  (Purchased For $189.99) 

Monitor: Alienware AW3420DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $1029.99 ) 

Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $199.99 ) 

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased For $109.66 ) 

Headphones: SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC  Headset  (Purchased For $249.99 ) 

Speakers: Razer Nommo 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers  (Purchased For $99.00) 
 

 

Thanks in Advance.

My Custom Build.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a couple tips:

 

Sell the peripherals on their own. Including them in the system setup is a huge turnoff for a massive amount of buyers.

Secondly if possible remove the second titan x and sell on it's own. Sli setups are a turnoff for a lot of people as they know it's not worth it for the ones looking at the price this system would be in.

Thirdly DEEP CLEAN EVERYTHING having a nice clean looking system really really really ups the value same for your peripherals.

Fourthly take nice pictures but keep it at around 4-5

Fifthly make a short accurate description with all the specs and don't make a story as to why you are selling it. Mention at the bottom that you have a second gpu and peripherals available and to see the profile for more.

 

Now for price after you do the things I said above 1100$ or a little higher would be it. It's a very very very niche config and people are not going to want to pay too much for it. Do list it for a couple hundred more so you can haggle it down but do not go below your minimum price and haggle in increments. Makes people confident they are getting a deal whilst they are just not and who knows you may end up with more for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So a couple tips:

 

Sell the peripherals on their own. Including them in the system setup is a huge turnoff for a massive amount of buyers.

Secondly if possible remove the second titan x and sell on it's own. Sli setups are a turnoff for a lot of people as they know it's not worth it for the ones looking at the price this system would be in.

Thirdly DEEP CLEAN EVERYTHING having a nice clean looking system really really really ups the value same for your peripherals.

Fourthly take nice pictures but keep it at around 4-5

Fifthly make a short accurate description with all the specs and don't make a story as to why you are selling it. Mention at the bottom that you have a second gpu and peripherals available and to see the profile for more.

 

Now for price after you do the things I said above 1100$ or a little higher would be it. It's a very very very niche config and people are not going to want to pay too much for it. Do list it for a couple hundred more so you can haggle it down but do not go below your minimum price and haggle in increments. Makes people confident they are getting a deal whilst they are just not and who knows you may end up with more for it.

I really appreciate your tips it going long way for sure.

 

I have not made my mind about selling it yet and I put everything just to get the feel of the market for such build. this build cost me almost $10k when I bought it.

btw you said "Now for price after you do the things I said above 1100$ or a little higher would be it" do you mean the whole build for that price or you mistaken the number!?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
33 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

pretty difficult to price such a build, since I expect there are very few buyers looking for this exact configuration.

you might make more money by selling each part individually.

Would be nice if you can give me your own guess of the whole case or the individual parts worth?

I would really appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Faded7 said:

Would be nice if you can give me your own guess of the whole case or the individual parts worth?

I would really appreciate it.

depends on the user/buyer. for me, a gamer, this system won't perform better than a ryzen 3600 + rtx 3070 in gaming, which can be built for little over $1000.

for someone who needs two titans for work purposes, this system might be worth $2000.

but it's a very niche and unique system and it's difficult to find the right buyer that needs this exact configuration and will pay you max price.

 

you can probably sell each titan separately for $500, so that's already the price I would pay, just from the gpus. that's why I'm saying selling by parts, or at least in the way @jaslion mentioned, by removing one gpu and selling it separately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faded7 said:

I really appreciate your tips it going long way for sure.

 

I have not made my mind about selling it yet and I put everything just to get the feel of the market for such build. this build cost me almost $10k when I bought it.

btw you said "Now for price after you do the things I said above 1100$ or a little higher would be it" do you mean the whole build for that price or you mistaken the number!?

 

The build without the second card and peripherals. Yes I am serious. Sure there are systems like these online for far higher but they never ever sell. Why? Because we just have better new stuff.

 

If you wish to build the build as I described new it would be around 1500 new. Used this would be about the price. Used shoppers don't care about how fancy something is in a system. What they care about is cpu, gpu, ram and sometimes looks.

 

A ryzen 3600 is as fast in productivity as your 6900k and is better in games (at stock). A rx 5700xt is pretty similar but a 2070s is better than the titan x. 16gb is enough for gaming and really people aren't willing to pay extra just for more ram (I've had this happen personally when selling systems it was just better to keep the extra ram and sell it with 8 or 16 than go with 32 or higher).

 

It is low but this is a very very good example of why spending a lot on the highest end components is not worth it. I no joke have a x58 system with quad gpu's the best xeon 24gb of ram all that stuff here from 10 years ago that was then 6000$ at least and by 2016 was maybe worth 500$ if at all. I got it for free as nobody was buying it for the prices asked and upgrading it was not worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

Would be nice if you can give me your own guess of the whole case or the individual parts worth?

I would really appreciate it.

Selling by parts would be better as people are far far far more likely to be looking at upgrading their existing systems off this age for cheap compared to buying one. HOWEVER you are kinda screwed here too. You have a HEDT platform which few people have and due to it being so close to the ryzen launch almost nobody is buying it as it's too new. They might as well get a ryzen system at that point so selling the cpu and motherboard are going to be real challenges.

 

Case and cooler unless you kept all the original stuff and boxes (mounting hardware is important) you aren't selling those for more than a tenner.

Gpu's hard sell as they are titans. So probably 400$ and that would be it look on ebay for sold prices for them in your area

Ram will sell but probably not as one package the whole kit maybe 140$

The samsung 950 maybe 50$

The 860 around 100 at max

Psu if still in warranty + all cables 150$ if not then hard sell

Dvd drive 2$

Monitor quick sell look for the used prices but 500$ would not be hard to sell it for

Razer keyboard if in good shape 70$

Mouse 50$ tops

Headset is a wildcard due to the dac

Speakers like 50$ due to razer name

 

Price everything 10-15% higher and accept offers and hagglers. Except on ebay there you have to price very competitively.

 

The thing that hurts the system value the most is that it was pre ryzen and was bought when everything moved to new technologies thus everything was waaay more expensive. Nowadays all this stuff has been out for a long time and has become way cheaper to make. So yeah let this be a lesson if you are buying a new system don't get first gen stuff or the highest end stuff and just get a new computer every 5 years after doing 1 gpu upgrade if you feel like you need it.

 

If you are selling this to get money for a new system just keep it and sell one of the cards before it becomes too cheap sli is dead anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

depends on the user/buyer. for me, a gamer, this system won't perform better than a ryzen 3600 + rtx 3070 in gaming, which can be built for little over $1000.

for someone who needs two titans for work purposes, this system might be worth $2000.

but it's a very niche and unique system and it's difficult to find the right buyer that needs this exact configuration and will pay you max price.

 

you can probably sell each titan separately for $500, so that's already the price I would pay, just from the gpus. that's why I'm saying selling by parts, or at least in the way @jaslion mentioned, by removing one gpu and selling it separately.

I'd say 2-2.5 too but parting iut may be the way to go as others have said.


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×