Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shepherd_Strike

Will I be able to use the RTX 3080 fe

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been thinking about getting a RTX 3080 fe but I saw 2x8 pins for it but I have a 6+2 pin and a 6 pin and the fe card has a 12 pin connector so will i be able to use it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

I really dont know the model but the wattage is 800

how old is it?


if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

open your case and see which model it is

or is it a prebuilt ?

of course you have to unplug your pc before doing this

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, YsGrandi said:

open your case and see which model it is

or is it a prebuilt ?

of course you have to unplug your pc before doing this

Its a pre-built 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

Its a pre-built 

The exact model is extremely important. The wattage is only about 1/4th of the equation.

 

For a 3080, you're gonna want something from Tier A or Tier B, anything lower is going to have issues.

 


CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-36 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there,

 

Since you own a pre-build, I don't think RTX 3080 would do any justice, because most pre-builds have cheap components. For RTX 3080 to work in its best form, you should have some of the best PC build components. This is my personal opinion and I hope it helps you some way or the other.

 

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, LJohn0840 said:

Hello there,

 

Since you own a pre-build, I don't think RTX 3080 would do any justice, because most pre-builds have cheap components. For RTX 3080 to work in its best form, you should have some of the best PC build components. This is my personal opinion and I hope it helps you some way or the other.

 

Cheers!

last christmas i got new components because my mobo died, now i have a msi z390 gaming plus board, i7 9700k, 16gb gddr4 ram 4000mhz everything but the drives and gpu is replaced and my gpu is a 1070 by evga 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i wouldn't trust the psu in a pre-built. they usually use the cheapest crappyest psus

If this helps i got a ATNG 800W psu Model Number ATA-800FB-B

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

If this helps i got a ATNG 800W psu Model Number ATA-800FB-B

It's garbage. Get something new from the Tier list if you want to run a 3080.


CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-36 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Link to post
Share on other sites

im sorry but you dont sound like you have any idea about computers whatsoever and therefore you are probably just wanting to get the 3080 because it looks "cool".

please give us the full specs of your pc, tell us what games you play and at what resolution and hz and tell us why you would want to upgrade so people can give you good advise.

otherwise you are just going to throw your parents money out the window without seeing any difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

im sorry but you dont sound like you have any idea about computers whatsoever and therefore you are probably just wanting to get the 3080 because it looks "cool".

please give us the full specs of your pc, tell us what games you play and at what resolution and hz and tell us why you would want to upgrade so people can give you good advise.

otherwise you are just going to throw your parents money out the window without seeing any difference.

Cpu:I7 9700k 

GPU:Evga GTX1070

RAM:PNY 16gb ddr4 2666 oc to 4000

Mobo:Msi z390 Gaming plus 

Resoultion I play games at: 1080p 60hz (planning to get a 1440p 120hz monitor) 

Games I play: Minecraft, The Division 2, Just Cause 4, Crysis remastered, Steep, Subnautica, Watchdogs, Hyperscape, Cod Modern warfare, Later games I would like to play in the future 

Why I would like to upgrade to a 3080: So I can play new releases coming out such as Resident Evil 8, Cyberpunk2077 ect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

Cpu:I7 9700k 

GPU:Evga GTX1070

RAM:PNY 16gb ddr4 2666 oc to 4000

Mobo:Msi z390 Gaming plus 

Resoultion I play games at: 1080p 60hz (planning to get a 1440p 120hz monitor) 

Games I play: Minecraft, The Division 2, Just Cause 4, Crysis remastered, Steep, Subnautica, Watchdogs, Hyperscape, Cod Modern warfare, Later games I would like to play in the future 

Why I would like to upgrade to a 3080: So I can play new releases coming out such as Resident Evil 8, Cyberpunk2077 ect.

For 1080p and even 14400 144hz you only need 3070

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×