Will I be able to use the RTX 3080 fe

Shepherd_Strike

I've been thinking about getting a RTX 3080 fe but I saw 2x8 pins for it but I have a 6+2 pin and a 6 pin and the fe card has a 12 pin connector so will i be able to use it?

Just now, YsGrandi said:

what the psu model you have ?

I really dont know the model but the wattage is 800

1 minute ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

I really dont know the model but the wattage is 800

how old is it?

if it was useful give it a like :)聽btw if your into linux pay a visit here

open your case and see which model it is

or is it a prebuilt ?

of course you have to unplug your pc before doing this

Just now, YsGrandi said:

open your case and see which model it is

or is it a prebuilt ?

of course you have to unplug your pc before doing this

Its a pre-built聽

17 minutes ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

Its a pre-built聽

i wouldn't trust the psu in a pre-built. they usually use the cheapest crappyest psus

1 hour ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

Its a pre-built聽

The exact model is extremely important. The wattage is only about 1/4th of the equation.

For a 3080, you're gonna want something from Tier A or Tier B, anything lower is going to have issues.

CPU:聽Ryzen 7 5800XCooler:聽Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans聽RAM:聽G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

Motherboard:聽ASRock X570M Pro4聽GPU:聽ASRock聽RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIOCase:聽Antec P5聽PSU:聽Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC聽Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM聽Storage:聽HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Hello there,

Since you own a pre-build, I don't think RTX 3080 would do any justice, because most pre-builds have cheap components. For RTX 3080 to work in its best form, you should have some of the best PC build components. This is my personal opinion and I hope it helps you some way or the other.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, LJohn0840 said:

Hello there,

Since you own a pre-build, I don't think RTX 3080 would do any justice, because most pre-builds have cheap components. For RTX 3080 to work in its best form, you should have some of the best PC build components. This is my personal opinion and I hope it helps you some way or the other.

Cheers!

last christmas i got new components because my mobo died, now i have a msi z390 gaming plus board, i7 9700k, 16gb gddr4 ram 4000mhz everything but the drives and gpu is replaced and my gpu is a 1070 by evga聽

13 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i wouldn't trust the psu in a pre-built. they usually use the cheapest crappyest psus

If this helps i got a ATNG 800W psu Model Number ATA-800FB-B

6 minutes ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

If this helps i got a ATNG 800W psu Model Number ATA-800FB-B

It's garbage. Get something new from the Tier list if you want to run a 3080.

CPU:聽Ryzen 7 5800XCooler:聽Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans聽RAM:聽G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

Motherboard:聽ASRock X570M Pro4聽GPU:聽ASRock聽RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIOCase:聽Antec P5聽PSU:聽Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC聽Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM聽Storage:聽HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Just now, BTGbullseye said:

It's garbage. Get something new from the Tier list if you want to run a 3080.

got it聽

im sorry but you dont sound like you have any idea about computers whatsoever and therefore you are probably just wanting to get the 3080 because it looks "cool".

please give us the full specs of your pc, tell us what games you play and at what resolution and hz and tell us why you would want to upgrade so people can give you good advise.

otherwise you are just going to throw your parents money out the window without seeing any difference.

2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

im sorry but you dont sound like you have any idea about computers whatsoever and therefore you are probably just wanting to get the 3080 because it looks "cool".

please give us the full specs of your pc, tell us what games you play and at what resolution and hz and tell us why you would want to upgrade so people can give you good advise.

otherwise you are just going to throw your parents money out the window without seeing any difference.

Cpu:I7 9700k聽

GPU:Evga GTX1070

RAM:PNY 16gb ddr4 2666 oc to 4000

Mobo:Msi z390 Gaming plus聽

Resoultion I play games at: 1080p 60hz (planning to get a 1440p 120hz monitor)聽

Games I play: Minecraft, The Division 2, Just Cause 4,聽Crysis remastered, Steep, Subnautica, Watchdogs, Hyperscape, Cod Modern warfare, Later games I would like to play in the future聽

Why I would like to upgrade to a 3080: So I can play new releases coming out such as Resident Evil 8, Cyberpunk2077聽ect.

26 minutes ago, Shepherd_Strike said:

Cpu:I7 9700k聽

GPU:Evga GTX1070

RAM:PNY 16gb ddr4 2666 oc to 4000

Mobo:Msi z390 Gaming plus聽

Resoultion I play games at: 1080p 60hz (planning to get a 1440p 120hz monitor)聽

Games I play: Minecraft, The Division 2, Just Cause 4,聽Crysis remastered, Steep, Subnautica, Watchdogs, Hyperscape, Cod Modern warfare, Later games I would like to play in the future聽

Why I would like to upgrade to a 3080: So I can play new releases coming out such as Resident Evil 8, Cyberpunk2077聽ect.

For 1080p and even 14400 144hz you only need 3070