I need a new psu

Hello everyone, i recently built a new rig (ryzen 5 3600, gtx 1660 super gigabyte 3 fans, msi b450 tomahawk max, 16gb 3600mhz viper patriot, 256gb adata ssd, 2tb toshiba hdd, cooler master mb600l, and currently no psu ). I have a few problems with the rig, and one of them was an insane coil whine psu antec ne650m. I finnaly managed to return it and get my money back. So im looking to get a psu, but there is such a narrow selection in my country, there is no corsair or evga or even seasonic units. I found these two and im split between them. Be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w gold and the Fractal design ion+ 860p platinum. I need a silent psu. 

You can also suggest anything else and i might check it out, but im focused on these two right now.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, wukashin said:

I found these two and im split between them. Be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w gold and the Fractal design ion+ 860p platinum. I need a silent psu. 

hello :)

if you are considering these two i would go for the bequiet psu.

both of them are  a bit overpowered for your system as it won't pull much more than around 300W under full load. maybe a bit more if you are overclocking.

be quiet makes very nice PSUs, never had any issues with them. they also run quiet or more often than not inaudible.

if you want to save some money i would rather go for a 500-600W unit. those would also run more efficient with the power draw of your machine

i hope i could help :)

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

Well, they're both good, be quiet! one is a bit better but really i'd just get cheaper one (or be quiet! if it's like 10$ or less).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

Well, they're both good, be quiet! one is a bit better but really i'd just get cheaper one (or be quiet! if it's like 10$ or less).

I forgot to mention that they are the same price.

12 minutes ago, Heinz57 said:

hello :)

if you are considering these two i would go for the bequiet psu.

both of them are  a bit overpowered for your system as it won't pull much more than around 300W under full load. maybe a bit more if you are overclocking.

be quiet makes very nice PSUs, never had any issues with them. they also run quiet or more often than not inaudible.

if you want to save some money i would rather go for a 500-600W unit. those would also run more efficient with the power draw of your machine

i hope i could help :)

Thanks a lot man, this helps!

Just now, wukashin said:

I forgot to mention that they are the same price.

Fine, go for be quiet! then.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, wukashin said:

Thanks a lot man, this helps!

I ordered the psu, it will arrive on Tuesday, excited for it, also a question, will i be able to upgrade to a 3060 ti and still maintain with the psu? Thanks.

3 hours ago, wukashin said:

I ordered the psu, it will arrive on Tuesday, excited for it, also a question, will i be able to upgrade to a 3060 ti and still maintain with the psu? Thanks.

Ask when we'll know something about RTX3060 Ti.

3 hours ago, wukashin said:

I mean, it can handle a 3080 (and probably a 3090), so a 3060Ti (or whatever they'll name it) should be easy.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti