Edited : Nvidia RTX 3080 launch faked

AMDPRO

Update: Just dropped at 10:11 am est on nvidias site.

I'm going to start this off by saying that it has only been around an hour since the product showed out of stock on NVIDIA website. The issue with it showing out of stock, is that NVIDIA never actually loaded the product for sale, they just changes the button. Linked below is the endpoint data, and if you look, you don't see 3080 anywhere (https://api.digitalriver.com/v1/shoppers/me/products?format=json&apiKey=9485fa7b159e42edb08a83bde0d83dia&pageNumber=2&sort=listPrice-desc) . It is also no where in back end. The image I linked below is of automation software for Nvidias site, which also didn't detect a new product loaded since 3am est last night. Nvidia could've never released it without loading it onto there site, so they clearly never had stock to begin with. Im trying to put together what happened so please let me know if you guys know anything else. 

c4e25f29e59613af93b9940375f8c767.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

Something fishy is going on...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

4 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I'm going to start this off by saying that it has only been around an hour since the product showed out of stock on NVIDIA website. The issue with it showing out of stock, is that NVIDIA never actually loaded the product for sale, they just changes the button. Linked below is the endpoint data, and if you look, you don't see 3080 anywhere (https://api.digitalriver.com/v1/shoppers/me/products?format=json&apiKey=9485fa7b159e42edb08a83bde0d83dia&pageNumber=2&sort=listPrice-desc) . It is also no where in back end. The image I linked below is of automation software for Nvidias site, which also didn't detect a new product loaded since 3am est last night. Nvidia could've never released it without loading it onto there site, so they clearly never had stock to begin with. Im trying to put together what happened so please let me know if you guys know anything else. 

c4e25f29e59613af93b9940375f8c767.png

Wasn't it on their site when they revealed? If not not the first time I'm pretty sure 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Wasn't it on their site when they revealed?

they loaded the graphic and stuff on the frontend, but no actual stock was loaded in the backend. From purely looking at back end data you wouldn't even know the card exists. Them showing in on page and actually loading product are very different. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Just now, germgoatz said:

but why

Probably didn't have any real stock and just wanted to get product out. Kinda sad they couldn't even sell a few cards tho

Just now, AMDPRO said:

they loaded the graphic and stuff on the frontend, but no actual stock was loaded in the backend. From purely looking at back end data you wouldn't even know the card exists. Them showing in on page and actually loading product are very different. 

Not the first time I'm pretty sure but there is other companies doing this too in a similar way, they hype stuff up but nothing comes on actual release day

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

yes very surprising, i never expected nvidia to do such dishonest things with their gpu launch

good thing i have no plans to get a card until cyberpunk 2077 is out, and wont really consider anything specifically until theres some proper spec recommendations

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Not the first time I'm pretty sure but there is other companies doing this too in a similar way, they hype stuff up but nothing comes on actual release day

I don't disagree, this is the first time i've seen it to this extent. Usually the companies sell like 10 then mark it out of stock, here they didn't even load a product.

Just now, AMDPRO said:

I don't disagree, this is the first time i've seen it to this extent. Usually the companies sell like 10 then mark it out of stock, here they didn't even load a product.

The aftermarket cards atleast had / has stock (only some places tho) not sure if people will get it or it will be delayed

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

The aftermarket cards atleast had / has stock (only some places tho) not sure if people will get it or it will be delayed

i hate bestbuy now fucking jebaited me so many times. never using them again for these launches

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

yea. newegg and bestbuy had a couple real checkouts

UPDATE: JUST DROPPED MY BAD

2 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

tenor.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I don't know about you guys but this launch has made me really really really hate Nvidia. The product was never available for purchase. How do BestBuy and Nvidia make me do a CAPTCHA but now bots have bought every unit in existence?!

I actually don't care about 4K or FPS. I just need the CUDA cores because every code is built on them.

My fault for believing Nvidia will sell a GPU with 2x performance of 2080 Ti at half the price.

4 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I got their email. It still says sold out everywhere.

1 minute ago, Jet_ski said:

I don't know about you guys but this launch has made me really really really hate Nvidia. The product was never available for purchase. How do BestBuy and Nvidia make me do a CAPTCHA but now bots have bought every unit in existence?!

I actually don't care about 4K or FPS. I just need the CUDA cores because every code is built on them.

My fault for believing Nvidia will sell a GPU with 2x performance of 2080 Ti at half the price.

I've ran many bots, and know many devs closely, captchas so nothing to stop bots and are extremely easy to bypass. Even with an nvidia and bestbuy bot i still didnt hit.

13 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i hate bestbuy now fucking jebaited me so many times. never using them again for these launches

I don't have bestbuy so can't agree or disagree

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I've ran many bots, and know many devs closely, captchas so nothing to stop bots and are extremely easy to bypass. Even with an nvidia and bestbuy bot i still didnt hit.

I see. So CAPTCHAs are just there for us to train their crappy AI.

Nvidia never wanted to sell the 3080 RTX this year. They just wanted to pre-empt the PS5 and Xbox One X Series launch.

Just now, Jet_ski said:

I see. So CAPTCHAs are just there for us to train their crappy AI.

Nvidia never wanted to sell the 3080 RTX this year. They just wanted to pre-empt the PS5 and Xbox One X Series launch.

Yea that was pretty much it, they needed to be out before AMD. Most devs just open a small browser window with the captcha so the user can solve it manually, then the bot does the rest for ATC and checkout, still will be faster than humans.

9 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

You do know the card is about 25% faster than the 2080ti right? They claimed 2x 2080 performance which it also does not do.

The worst thing is there is just NO good communication coming from any level whatsoever.  Last night i got on the phone with BestBuy, the guy on the phone took 20 min to try and locate the card for me and let me know if there was stock to come back and find that he cant see anything in the system and said there is nothing physically there.

Call this morning and they tell me they sold out of their in store inventory in pre-orders on-line last night, PRE-ORDERS?!  Ive been checking the site for a few days now, pre-orders were never part of the equation, did they open pre-orders at like 3:00 AM or some shit?.  what the actual fuck, its so frustrating.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You do know the card is about 25% faster than the 2080ti right? They claimed 2x 2080 performance which it also does not do.

I know; I was just saying that in reference to how untrustworthy they are.

9 minutes ago, menacekop said:

The worst thing is there is just NO good communication coming from any level whatsoever.  Last night i got on the phone with BestBuy, the guy on the phone took 20 min to try and locate the card for me and let me know if there was stock to come back and find that he cant see anything in the system and said there is nothing physically there.

Call this morning and they tell me they sold out of their in store inventory in pre-orders on-line last night, PRE-ORDERS?!  Ive been checking the site for a few days now, pre-orders were never part of the equation, did they open pre-orders at like 3:00 AM or some shit?.  what the actual fuck, its so frustrating.

NowInStock.net never picked up anyone having it in stock except newegg for the MSI version.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.41.12.png

2 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

NowInStock.net never picked up anyone having it in stock except newegg for the MSI version.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.41.12.png

My custom scrapers picked up nvidia site. Probably out of stock too quick for them.