Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost1412

Doc in which it is only possible to add not remove

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can u make a document in which ot is only possible to add entries not remove , doc or any other type of file format or software ? Its for my college so please help 

No. If you can write to it, you can also remove things from it. There might be software that can limit editing this way, but then you could circumvent it by using different software.

~edit: Your best bet would be some online colaboration tool like SharePoint, where others don't have direct access to the data and have to go through the service to edit the data.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Pen and paper.

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

Pen and paper.

*scribbles previous text until it's no longer readable* Done.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

45 minutes ago, fpo said:

Pen and paper.

1403384384_BigBrain-540.jpg.5d244a43485eb62e0c73ac1e1b6a0d42.jpg

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, Frost1412 said:

Can u make a document in which ot is only possible to add entries not remove , doc or any other type of file format or software ? Its for my college so please help 

Even impossible for the documents administrator to remove entries?

Can you be more specific in what exactly it is you are trying to do?

This is actually a really vague question that doesn't readily support an easy answer.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

I mead, its possible. Pretty much how polls, feedback forms, etc. work. Though there you are adding record to database.

But please do elaborate on what is the actual use case for this. Probably easiest to setup something right now, would be with Google Forms.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Adobe Acrobat, MSWord, Google Doc and Corel WordPerfect all have the ability to limit access to other users.

As @LogicalDrm asked please give the use case so we can better help answer your question.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER